Lyf Smartphones Slow Charging Problem

I guess LYF have done it purposely to prevent users from hogging too much data. A kernel tweak is all required to make it accept high amperage charge.
I'm willing to do this but due to lack of any stock rom for it is preventing me from rooting this device and build any better roms.
Any LYF insider here may please upload it's official ROM.

Yes I've done tweaks for my old Nexus 4 but it remained a private project had to abandon it due to impending exams and that there are already a huge amount of developers till date updating especially Semaphore. Could start afresh for LYF.

Yup. A simple kernel tweak is needed to let it accept fast charging through quick charge 2.0 protocol.

ready to go to jail mate. :inlove: but have to buy phone to get sim so waiting for flame 4 and then i will make my decision
I tried using the Xposed module and changed IMEI, doesn't work.

@RedskyITM - The surprising part is while the root doesn't work, anything which requires root is now prompting access request for root which works from KingRoot. So I have got Amplify to permanently kill the wakelock and alarms from Jio apps + Greenify to keep them under aggressive doze. The apps are constantly connected to the internet and use data for no reason. I have noticed the data usage idle was 2-3GB but now its nearly in Mbs.

Uninstalling every single JIO app helped tremendously. Interestingly, the phone kept almost full charge even on tethered hotspot today. Strange shit is strange. Tethered since 7 am till 12:40 pm. Battery still at 97%.

Wrong word. What I meant is I am somewhat zealously hibernating them. I have also installed Startup manager and marked them to not invoke when the phone restarts.

The phone is Flame1. The odd thing is Kingroot says it wasn't able to root the phone but if I select options which require some sort of root function, I do get a prompt from Kingroot asking for root authorization. So I guess Kingroot works while it dint previously.

Edit: The Xposed framework flash install doesn't work fails with signature verification error. Additionally SuperSu, the chainfire one, cannot be installed. Though Kingroot gives it full root access, somehow it just doesn't work and is stuck on a black screen.

Last edited:
Oh yeah disregard the warning, that just means that they don't have a device unique solution. But it should still be able to root if you select TRY TO ROOT after the warning.

Uninstalling every single JIO app helped tremendously. Interestingly, the phone kept almost full charge even on tethered hotspot today. Strange shit is strange. Tethered since 7 am till 12:40 pm. Battery still at 97%.
You're probably dropping the usage below 200mAh then. Sounds good but I've talked to a LYF rep and he has the 213(factory), 214 and 215 (current update) images on his computer. I just need to convince him to give them to me.

But, if @Human can get it for us it would be awesome.

Last edited:

Back