• Thread starter Thread starter kapilmunjal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 7,758

kapilmunjal

Regular
ISP
airtel
HiMy laptop got stolen around 4 months back and I filed an FIR for the same. And suddenly I received a call from the police station, then they require the MAC address of my laptop to retrieve it.But, unfortunately I dont have the MAC address with me right now. Please help me how to obtain the MAC address of my laptop. One think I am going to try is to Contact the Laptop manufacturer and try to get it. But what could be other things which can help me retrieve it.RegardsKapil Munjal

Thanks Karan. I actually did that yesterday and was going to put it on the forum for other's information, but you have put that as your suggestion. I went through all the information in the modem and router and finally I got the expired DHCP lease of my laptop. So, I gave it to police yesterday.RegardsKapil Munjal

Let us know if the police are able to locate your laptop from your laptop's MAC address

I think they must have already got few laptop recovered and would look for this MAC on their store.Else i don't think Indian Police would be able to put some sort of surveillance to hunt down this stolen laptop whenever next its online, until its some national security issue :-)

Back