Making UPI Payments using Amazon Pay Balance!

Did you know about this lol?

• Total voters
Yes, kyc is required. Just 10 minutes ago tried to pay at pizza outlet, got error "full kyc required"I just done kyc. A video call was initiated with Amazon employee. She asked some questions and told to wait 30 minutes to verify my kyc.

Reactions: SVK
What documents are allowed for kyc ? I don't want to spread aadhar info unless extremely required.

Aptly put by @pachabhut. I have been on APay for a little over an year and my only goto UPI/billpay/transfer app since. Reliable except for an occupational hiccups.
Ditched Paytm long back and then tried Google Pay that too wasn't to my taste.
The only feature I miss on APay in the loading money via CC, which due to RBI policy and abuse is no longer an option, except to pay for bills via APay.
All good.

this page has all details about using pay balance for paying to upi.

Available for both minimum kyc and full kyc users.
Min kyc user can only pay to merchant.
Full kyc users can do both p2p and p2m also transfer to bank.

Not available on ios. Only for android.

Compared to upi lite -
Higher limit,
Support all banks as you can load balance with debit card and netbanking or upi.

Cons-
Apay app is laggy and UI feels not streamlined to me.
Requires extra KYC.
Not available on ios right now.

Last edited:
So Amazon does let you create a app shortcut to take you to at least the Amazon Pay screen. Though it does not really save much time as you can already open the QR code scanner from the Amazon app home screen.

JXOtZ4j.webp

They seem to be using a web based shortcut. I usually keep Amazon app disabled for opening Amazon links which I prefer opening in the web browser on the phone. With that, it loads the browser itself where I cannot really use the QR code scanner. But it works fine if app is setup to open Amazon links in the app itself.

Some android devices have the option to add & remove links. You can choose only Amazon pay link to open in app and remove others.

Back