Media Converter on One Broadband query

• Thread starter Thread starter anonuser7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 133
  • Views Views 34,132
@Zexen @anonuser7 Are you still using One Broadband Fiber? What plan do you have in UCN? I have negotiated slowly through last 6 months and the One broadband LCO guy has increased the speed from 5 Mbps to 30 Mbps now for 1500 per month when paying for 3 months at once.

Connection is slowly degrading every month for me. From 50mbps to now 10mbps. 30mbps is 1675rs from my lco per month. One thing I can say for sure is pricing is different with each LCO. Hotstar is unwatchable no matter which plan.

Hotstar is working fine for me since last 2-3 months, it got fixed on its own, are you using One Broadband Fiber or Wifi CPE connection? And How is your UCN connection, what speed at what prices?

According to LCO its fiber but cat5e cable comes into my home which goes into router. My Hotstar still buffers even when I set it to 720p. If I leave it to auto it plays with pixels. UCN is expensive and the pings are higher but the download and upload speed is constant no matter the server. I am using their 10mbps@100gb post fup 1mbps 500rs plan. I get constant 1.6MB transfer rate while downloading. What DNS are you using on One Broadband.

I am using 8.8.8.8 DNS. Even my connection is Fiber to the building then Cat 5, During rains i had shouted on the LCO and he pulled fiber to my window but later i went away from Nagpur for a month and the work was not completed and i have not bothered till now as there is no disconnection since rainy season.

The Jio fear is real in my LCO, the same person who used to give me 5 Mbps for 1500 six months back has gradually increased speed to 10 then 20 and now 30 Mbps. The LCO has told me not to worry and that i will be using 100 Mbps within one year time.

What is your LCO company name?

Don't know, it is just two guys managing everything, I was his first or second customer. This is at the outskirts of the city, so not many isps or companies here.

The new plan i was given 2 months back was 50 Mbps for 1500 per month, will get another upgrade within a month, after that i will not be pushing for any upgrade due to limitation of my router and laptop, after next month my target will be lowering prices.

Thanks for posting the latest pricing, my last plan was activated in April and renewal is coming this month, the cable guy called last week and said you will get big upgrade.

Now my aim will be to get that 50 Mbps 900rs plan but it will be difficult as he is used to getting 1500 from me, anyway the cable guy gets fixed line from One Broadband and then makes own plans, it is not fixed plans like other isps where they get fixed percentage cut.

I have old laptops at home along with a N router, so i doubt i will get more than 70 Mbps even after getting 100 Mbps plans. Do you have any list for all the new plans? Will be very helpful for me to negotiate, you can post whatever plans you know both monthly and Quarterly Plans

Back