Media Converter on One Broadband query

• Thread starter Thread starter anonuser7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 133
  • Views Views 34,143
any fixes for Hotstar? I spoke to my LCO today and I have asked him to talk to In2cable regarding the Routing to Hotstar. Lets see

Not really, I don't care enough about Hotstar to struggle with them about it.

On ONT if the connection goes down, it will be down for hours/days until they are able to fix it/rejoin the fiber because there is no backup line for ONT. He will try to set ONT up today or tomorrow.

Last day with this connection, he didn't set up ONT, I have applied for BSNL FTTH.

He did send me a message today about my data usage being very high, weird, will update if he keeps his promise to refund my installation cost.

Its an unlimited connection, whats the BS regarding High data usage they are just trying to make excuses. I think, get your refund.
My LCO has fixed Hotstar for me at least it still does 16 hops but I dont get any buffering or any issues. So I can finally watch Hotstar without any issues.

Last day with this connection, he didn't set up ONT, I have applied for BSNL FTTH.

He did send me a message today about my data usage being very high, weird, will update if he keeps his promise to refund my installation cost.

I think the LCO guy is just consoling himself by saying that, effect of losing a high paying customer. Did you observe any changes after shifting to ONT connection?

Its an unlimited connection, whats the BS regarding High data usage they are just trying to make excuses. I think, get your refund.
My LCO has fixed Hotstar for me at least it still does 16 hops but I dont get any buffering or any issues. So I can finally watch Hotstar without any issues.

How did your LCO fix hotstar? Any suggestions?

Cannot tell you long term stability of ONT as my package will expire tomorrow but it feels exactly the same as the previous config, ping issue is still there. He was talking about how there will be more downtime on ONT as there is no backup line for ONT(like hours till they fix the issue) adding the additional downtime to the current downtime of 8 separate occasions where connection was down for 8-12 hours in 28 days(recharge is 28 days and not 30 days). EDIT: recharge is 30 days.

I have applied for BSNL FTTH as there is only Rs.500 installation cost and they will take 2 months payment(1 months security deposit) after a month(post-paid), also there is happy browsing offer in BSNL currently where there is no FUP limit but I don't know if this offer applies to new customers. I will post a comparison here and a review in BSNL section.

Last edited:
I think the LCO guy is just consoling himself by saying that, effect of losing a high paying customer. Did you observe any changes after shifting to ONT connection?

How did your LCO fix Hotstar? Any suggestions?
I told him about the issue that hotstar is unwatchable? fews days later He calls and asks me to check if Hotstar is working and indeed it was. Watched Civil war at 1080p without any buffering.

What I don't understand is how a direct in2cable user is facing so much downtime when I don't have anytime downtime at all. @anonuser7 which plan you applied for in BSNL FTTH? and how did you apply?

It's not directly from in2cable, there is an local provider who gets Rs.450/month on top of Rs.2350/month which is my plan, I pay 2800 total.

I applied to BSNL by contacting the salesperson who visited me, I had his number from the time I had BSNL ADSL connection. You can visit the nearest BSNL office to apply or call 18001801503.
I got 2000/month+18%GST plan which is 40mbps 500GB(I hope happy browsing offer works), there is also Rs.3000 60mbps 750gb, Rs.3999 80mbps 1250gb(don't know the data limit for sure) and Rs.4999 2TB(not sure about this as well) also a 1250 10mbps plan is available but don't know if there is FUP on it, he wan't willing to give it to me without 2000-2500 installation cost so I went with Rs.2000 plan where there is no installation cost.

Edit: You can call the nearest office from here : http://www.maharashtra.bsnl.co.in/SSA/Nagpur/contact.html

Last edited:

Back