Mesh wifi vs Access point

• Thread starter Thread starter rizexor
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 3,323
ISP
ACT,Airtel
So I have the main router in my hall and I want wifi access to be seamless there and my bedroom. Good wifi signal does not come there due to thick concentrate and cupboards.

I have a single Ethernet cable going to my bedroom from the main router. So I was thinking of going for openwrt fast roaming access point with a second router in my bedroom. And I can use the free lan ports on it to connect my PC.

But I have heard fast roaming depends on client I have an old Redmi note 5 pro idk if it supports fast roaming.

Or the other option is wired mesh wifi which I think is a little expensive for just a simple use case.

So which option should I go for guys?

FT is achieved using SSID beacon extension parameters to reduce the handshake duration to setup WPA2. You don't need a new SSID (with the same name) to be broadcast to be backwards compatible with older clients.

I don't understand what you mean by an AP broadcasting two SSID's of the same name on the same channel with FT enabled and disabled. The technical aspect makes no sense.

I don't know how to copy with highlight on phone, look for legacy clients on this page 802.11r BSS Fast Transition

The op has only 1 openwrt router and other is stock TP-Link router so I think 802.11r implementation is out of question in this case according to my understanding.. When OP buys an openwrt capable ap then maybe we can help him setup 802.11r...

Back