mgcarley's whirlwind tour of India - April/May 2011: Meet & greet

• Thread starter Thread starter mgcarley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 526
  • Views Views 69,400
Status
Not open for further replies.
@MGC: Who all are planning to meet you at 1900 today in Pune?

I don't know about others but myself and @kunalgautam will be present. I guess the venue has not yet been finalized. I've SMS'd my mobile no. to mg and I've also PM'ed it to you. Finalize the venue and inform me/us! :good:

Actually I normally travel either by 1AC or 2AC depending on what is available. I did travel once in what I'm guessing was GEN/2S last time I came back to Mumbai from Delhi because it was the only seat I could get on the short notice, even with Tatkal (booked same day, and still cost me the better part of Rs1,500 which, as it turns out, seems to be the approximate fare for 2AC from Delhi to Mumbai). And they even gave me a seat.

A few questions about this -- do you remember the position of the GEN/2S coach in the train? Was it very close to the engine? Was it near the very end of the train (the opposite side of the engine)? Did the coach have three doors in each side (a total of six) or did it have two doors in each side (a total of four)? How long was the journey?

(Excuse me going very off topic in this thread :P )

I will be at the "Royal Orchid Central" meeting a friend earlier in the evening, so we could just meet at the "Pinxx" coffee shop there itself, where there's ample parking space underground.
Alright, the Pune meet venue is finalized. I just got a confirmation SMS from @vishalrao.

Venue: Royal Orchid Central hotel's Pinxx cafe on the 4th floor. (Next to Mariplex Adlabs Mall, Kalyani Nagar, Pune.)
Time: 7:30 PM IST

FIRST POST FIRST POST I WIN I WIN :D hehehehe. WE had a competition who would be the first to post about this:

Was a very good Pune Meet-n-Greet with :worthy: MGC and iChaitanya and Kunal Gautam.

I no longer have any "doubts about the authenticity of hayai broadband" like that other silly thread. Anyone who does is probably of lesser intelligence (below the 90 point IQ average) LOL LOL LOL.

Thanks MGC, and I will PM you my home address so you can post a t-shirt ASAP heh.

Here are the two pics I got on my phone, not that great. The better pics MGC and KG promised to send the originals to me on email at vishalrao @ gmail

Cheers! And Enjoy the pics: https://goo.gl/iNnDA

Lots of juicy top-secret stuff discussed that cannot be shared by me under sworn oath of secrecy heh :angel_not:

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

We started around 730 pm and were chatting til past 10pm :D

Then MGC's fiancee showed up in a Toyota Innova to pick him up and we dispersed for the evening.

Any questions anyone? Please post here and any one of us present at the meet can answer as much as possible :D

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

I suggested to MGC that he set his siggy to make TWO important statemenst :P Lets see if he really does that.

@operamaniac, sorry to spoil any surprise but the rest of us are getting ordinary t-shirts but MGC wants to give you a special one as a note of thanks for your support heh.

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

I am pretty confident that when/if Hayai successfully launches in Pune I will be one of the (if not THE) first customers of both Hayai Lite and Hayai FULL SPEED AHEAD.

In fact I don't mind testing any pilot connections that may be available in my areas where I live :nailbiting:

FIRST POST FIRST POST I WIN I WIN :D
Not Fair! I Drove 35Km after that.

Btw Here are uploaded Pics, will update with thumbnail view on IBF soon :)

LOLzzz, at least I waited til AFTER I finished my dinner :D I reached home by 11pm, only posted this now at 1220am or so heh

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

I had to boot into Winduhs7 just to get the pics off my WP7 phone, because I normally run Ubuntu. At least I can update it with the NoDo update :D

[/COLOR]I had to boot into Winduhs7 just to get the pics off my WP7 phone, because I normally run Ubuntu. At least I can update it with the NoDo update :D
LoL same here have to boot to winsux7 as my modem(which support fast upload) works in win7 only. Modem that works in Ubuntu doesn't support fast upload :P
Lots of juicy top-secret stuff discussed that cannot be shared by me under sworn oath of secrecy heh :angel_not:

Did we discussed? :P

Was a very good Pune Meet-n-Greet with :worthy: MGC and iChaitanya and Kunal Gautam.
It was a pleasure meeting you people. :)

Looks like our photographer messed up the last 2 pics taken in the lobby. They're out of focus. :|

@MG, could you please post the pics taken from your phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back