mgcarley's whirlwind tour of India - April/May 2011: Meet & greet

• Thread starter Thread starter mgcarley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 526
  • Views Views 69,398
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few questions about this -- do you remember the position of the GEN/2S coach in the train? Was it very close to the engine? Was it near the very end of the train (the opposite side of the engine)? Did the coach have three doors in each side (a total of six) or did it have two doors in each side (a total of four)? How long was the journey?

(Excuse me going very off topic in this thread :P )

I have no idea. It was well over a year ago.

FIRST POST FIRST POST I WIN I WIN :D hehehehe. WE had a competition who would be the first to post about this:

Was a very good Pune Meet-n-Greet with :worthy: MGC and iChaitanya and Kunal Gautam.

I no longer have any "doubts about the authenticity of hayai broadband" like that other silly thread. Anyone who does is probably of lesser intelligence (below the 90 point IQ average) LOL LOL LOL.

Thanks MGC, and I will PM you my home address so you can post a t-shirt ASAP heh.

Duly noted. They arrived today, but I've only just got back to Mumbai so I haven't seen them yet.

Here are the two pics I got on my phone, not that great. The better pics MGC and KG promised to send the originals to me on email at vishalrao @ gmail

Will do, if Airtel co-oper

Kolkattans are taking a protest rally out tommorow for MGC as he didnt visit Kolkata and has no plans in near future to launch Hayai in Kolkata.

Who [ad the meet and greet bills?:p

Presumably one of the four people who showed up :)

Also, it wasn't really dinner... just a few cokes and juices. Nothing spectacular.

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Kolkattans are taking a protest rally out tommorow for MGC as he didnt visit Kolkata and has no plans in near future to launch Hayai in Kolkata.

Actually I'm only NOT visiting Kolkata because I literally couldn't fit it in, BUT, we are planning to launch in the near future in all of the major cities in India. We even have plans for places like Patna and Amritsar.

Eta cholbe naa! Chokka jaam hobe :P Bengal Band LOL

Eta cholbe naa! Chokka jaam hobe :P Bengal Band LOL

Yes yes along those lines.....

We may have a few effigies to burn as well

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

MGC

When is the next time we cn expect you in India?

We may have a few effigies to burn as well

Are you sure it will work? I remember, it is rainy season there x_x

the driver had got completely lost and then got lost again because he ignored my instructions getting back to the hotel (it's not that hard).

So you what you quoted driver in hotel was quite true :)

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

We will burn it under a shade....dont you worry.....
Save Environment :greenpeace:

When is the next time we cn expect you in India?

As early as June (meeting with gov't and all providers in Delhi) or as late as July, I think.

So you what you quoted driver in hotel was quite true :)

It's like... go this way, go right, go left at this lane. That part of Pune isn't even hard to get around. Very logical. Kind of like Manhatten with it's numbered roads. I like that.

As it turns out though, I think that they made some wrong turns on the way, and from what I was told, they were asking directions from too many people. Oh well, they got there in the end, and we got back to the hotel without too much of an issue (though in retrospect, it would has been easier for me to just take a rickshaw and meet them there).

i thank god for google maps and gps. i have pretty much stopped asking for directions on the road. it was pretty amazing when i used android gps to go to sariska. only deep inside the jungle did i had to ask the correct road to the hotel where we had to go. it was pitch dark and was pretty much impossible to find way through small lanes that were leading to different parts of the forest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back