mgcarley's whirlwind tour of India - April/May 2011: Meet & greet

• Thread starter Thread starter mgcarley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 526
  • Views Views 68,532
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn! O_oRed and Silver (!) eyes in all those pics! :eek:

No file host. They are images. Use facebook. Nothing will bother you guys. Facebook supports HD image hosting and it will never delete your photos. I am sure every body will have facebook account.

facebook does not retain the original images from what i last checked. they do support something called high resolution images. but they tend to compress images before uploading on their servers so the originals are not lost. this is a good reason why anyone serious about their photos would always store them on a more appropriate place. like flickr or picasa web. which stores the originals.

facebook does not retain the original images from what i last checked. they do support something called high resolution images. but they tend to compress images before uploading on their servers so the originals are not lost.

this is a good reason why anyone serious about their photos would always store them on a more appropriate place. like flickr or picasa web. which stores the originals.
Yeah. It is good idea, too.

Then MGC's fiancee showed up in a Toyota Innova to pick him up and we dispersed for the evening.

Not fair...not fair. Why did he have to do that when he has a wife? :)

in any case, i have already shared the images in that file on link-removed through imgur. mgcarley has an active flickr account, i guess he wants to keep his personal and work related images separately. :)

Well he can upload to Hayai india page on facebook. I dont think people here need high resolution pics for such meetings, viewable images are enough, so facebook can be used.

Isn't link-removed/imgur enough for such occasions? Just using facebook makes it difficult for people who don't use facebook much. I am afraid facebook is the new "google" and "the Internet".Anybody interested in the photos can download it from link-removed/view it in the post which has the photos embedded. Just because people supposedly don't "need" high resolution photos here is no reason to not upload them. It is up to the people in the photo to decide on the distribution of their photos. FWIW, the metadata and quality of the original photos give a lot of information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back