Microsoft Cortana

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 9,966
I guess it is never too late to start collecting data for a service that would launch eventually here in India... The more data you have, the better you can personalize the suggestions and results to the user!

Microsoft's latest Windows Phone update expands Cortana to more countries

Fortunately, the expansion efforts don't stop here: Users in Canada, Australia or India will be treated to an alpha English version of the personal assistant, which means it'll be a bit rough around the edges for now. It's all opt-in, however, so there's no pressure if you'd rather wait for the finished product.

My handson with Cortana Alpha for India
First screen after setup
www5HQk.png

Will it rain today
jSTF14l.png

Telling joke... and I cant undertstand it :)
q6Qi0Fj.png

Cant sing right now
3uMtqJL.png

Witty reply
h1d2QZj.png

Yes, it does. See my sceenshots posted above. Only problem, in Language setting for Voice we have to English (US) or English (UK). If Voice language is set as English (India) Cortana does not open, and displays error at start.

Fully Functional Microsoft Cortana App Leaks Ahead Of Official Release [APK Download]

After installing Cortana, you'll have to run through a quick setup process that includes agreeing to the terms and telling Cortana your name. You can also sign into your Microsoft account, assuming you have one. The app has a few Google Now-ish features with weather, news, and local destination cards. The voice features are the real selling point, though.

You can have Cortana do things like place calls, look up directions, and set calendar events just by talking. The app seems to recognize words with high accuracy and it's very snappy. Cortana is also quite good at chaining together multiple commands. For example, if you do a search for a restaurant, you can then ask it for a map or directions by saying things like, "show me a map of the second one."

Cortana 20150713.release.google_play.global_release.en-us.159 APK Download - APKMirror

T037Ulg.png

Back