Microsoft Security Essentials: Free Antivirus from Microsoft

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 58
  • Views Views 13,788
I have already read around 8 pages and still reading, addressing this issue.

MVP posted that it should check automatically and there is another thing "schedule something", which am not aware of.

MS Security Essentials automatic definitions updates problem - Microsoft Answers

-.-'

Yeah! I checked it as well.

Checking right now, Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services

----------

This could be a reason, but if it really is then it is freaking weird.

I mean, the AV will update just before a scan? Crazy.

i do not run a scheduled scan on my installation. found it to be annoying. if there is a virus on the computer, it would be caught when it tries to execute right?

----------

and as for that option, its good to have it right?

if the app is designed to check for update one a day, it is still good to check for update before it is supposed to scan through the entire computer on a schedule. :|

Exactly! I know what I am downloading and working on.I will do a scan when I feel like, we have real time protection anyway.I don't want the whole PC to be scanned just to update the definitions. Bleh.

There are some changelogs , one of which is removal of icons from the UI and spynet is changed to something ...

Microsoft Security Essentials Updated To v4.0 - Download Now! | Redmond Pie

Now at version 4.0, the new version offers some alterations to the Automatic Remediation feature, which quarantines any suspicious software without the need for user intervention. As well as that, the user interface has been tweaked and enhanced, and there are, of course, the usual supply of bug fixes and improvements to performance.

Overall , its light and since the time i changed from KIS to MSE , the system is pretty fast and really because of its simplicity , i rarely go to MSE to do something.

Yes MSE is one of the best AV .

Back