Microsoft SMS Organizer

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 3,166
I recently started using this app. It's good but spam messages are still there in promotional msgs and no easy way to categorise them as spam or swipe to delete.

Not all promotional sms are spam and this app kinda put all non transactional SMS as spam/promotion.

Still much better than default google sms app.

After long time got update (1.1.255) which brought major UI changes to the app.
But recently (before this update), sometimes there was no notification for OTP message. I kept waiting assuming message was not sent. Later on when I opened app, OTP was already delivered silently. This happened randomly for some services OTP, while for some OTP messages notification was displayed.

I got this UI-refresh update a few weeks ago... But even some time before that... occasionally when opening the app it was "empty" with message "there are no SMS" - my heart stopped... It happened again and again for some time - now recently I haven't faced this issue so hopefully it was/is not a serious bug. This app rocks!

android phones have the same central sms database. whatever app you use, would show the same texts. texts deleted from one app would remain deleted. but only one app can be default at one time. so if you use another app, it would ask you to make it default before you can use it.

@vishalrao and any other users of SMS Organizer app, is SMS backup working.
I have set Auto-backp to happen weekly, but I keep getting Notification that backup failed.
If I try manually to backup, it displays local backup created, but upload failed.
Today app displayed some permission needed on Google Drive for upload. But even after accepting all permissions, backup is not working.

Last backup worked on 06-Aug-2024.

@SVK it seems to be working but after i just now went to backup section of settings it asked to login to my Google account and asked some permissions.

After I accepted it was showing last backup as yesterday 22nd and I clicked backup button and it worked showing 23rd today as last backup.

So I'm a bit lost how come it was showing 22nd if it required some permissions now.

Maybe they shifted the backups from some free location to now use the google storage quota? Similar to how WhatsApp changed their backups?

ufgy9DS.webp

A new update was pushed today.

Back