• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 3,773

ijsa

Regular
I got banned!
ISP
Excitel
Has anyone ported their number to JIO.....

Today I was passing across a Reliance Digital store...... there was long line..... and a Delhi Police Constable was standing there....

Did not have the courage to stand in queue for enquiry....

Yes,
Just today went to the Reliance Digital Store and got my MNP SIM
In fact I was their first MNP coustmer.
Hardly took 15 min to get sim as they were using E-KYC through AADHAR

As per title how to port to Reliance Jio. I want to port my secondary airtel connection to Reliance Jio is it possible?

I guess porting need barcode and a device can generate only one barcode, If I am not wrong so if you have already taken a Jio connection you may not port to JIO

i am confused. why do you need a code now as the service is officially launched?

Don't port unless you only want to use the secondary connection for data. There are massive issues with Jio's voice infra.

@Ouch so that one person can have only one SIM. Also there are news of JIO SIM being sold for Rs. 100 to 1000 in open market, one handset one SIM scheme would control this thing as black marketers cant get more than one SIM
EDIT: At the moment they must be using barcode restrictions to control rush at R stores

Last edited:
you are assuming or they are indeed issuing sims to people with barcode generated from a phone?

also how do you black market a sim? unless reliance retailers are doing it themselves. who would be foolish enough to sell a sim in his own name to a stranger? that stranger makes one extortion or threat call, and the person whose name is associated with the sim is the one who goes to the jail for that offense.

Back