• Thread starter Thread starter sachin_85
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 9,157

sachin_85

ISP
dial up
Hi,
I have BIPAC 5200S modem....can i use it for BSNL broadband.....i also don't have driver for the above modem.

Plz suggest modem for BSNL broadband and their price.

yes. you can use it for BSNL. Why are you asking the question again ?
https://broadband.forum/bsnl-dataone-broadband/22548-needed-billion-bipac-5200s-driver-cd/

Download the files shown on the left menu. at this web site.
Billion Products for SSL VPN, ADSL Modem/Router, Wireless ADSL Router, Powerline ADSL Router and Adapter, VoIP ADSL Modem/Router, Security Router, Broadband Router, SHDSL Bridge/Router, iBusiness Security, ISDN Product
First try "always on " in Lan port/Ethernet card.
Later you can load the usb drivers. and try the USB Port.
For BSNL Use VPI/VCI 0 /35 and your ID without @ bsnl.in and password.
in the modem.
If it has only One USB outlet and no LAN port you have to download the drivers to say
C:/downloads.
Then start again your computer with the modem connected to USB port.
Windows will detect the hardware and ask for drivers. load as usual.

i searched for the driver...but i am not getting it,thats why i asked the second question...i tried tataindicom website...BIPAC 7000 modem driver are available on that site...i also searched billion products website but they are not providing with the hardware....they are only providing upgradation software...thats why looking for another alternative.....thanx for the help

ya i have downloaded the manual and i have everything except the driver for the modem and so the compuer is not detecting the modem....i have realtek lancard....and i think driver is the main problem....

what is the use of a lan card if you can't connect it with your modem?funny question.

@mrgupta what is the use of a lan card if you can't connect it with your modem?
funny question
http://i28.tinypic.com/1x3cg.jpg. A picture is worth 1000 words.
Even agreed , it is a funny question, it shows my lack of knowledge , asking questions to help a person who said he is a newbie.
That is why I downloaded the quick guide, saved the picture, uploaded it ,and given the link for @sachin_85 and expert like you, to see, and help him.
If the picture says there is no lan connection to the computer, you have the last laugh. Enjoy.
Always read the full thread. Not like "Antakshri" program to take the last word or sentence.

@sachin. I will download the full manual later, to verify whether the Billion modem requires a driver. According to the Quick install guide,/ and screen shot given here, there is no USB port, and only when you use the USB port you need drivers for a particular modem.
Anyway, If you can go to the Device manager and check up your Realtek Lan card, properties, whether installed or not, and whether drivers are installed for it.
1. If OK, connect Rj45 cable from the modem to the computer's ethernet port.
2. Open IE and type 192.168.1.1 ID admin password usually admin ( see below)
( or refer the full user guide).
3 Report failure or success opening the modem's menu.
4. Please refer to me , the page in the user manual where driver installation for the modem is specified, so that I can withdraw my funny question given below.
Do you have an ethernet card installed in your computer
Update : the Ip address is http://192.168.1.254.
http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=billion4gd6.gif
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Billion/Bipac-5200/Bipac-52002.jpg

@mrgupta : Thanks.
If it has only One USB outlet and no LAN port
classic computer Basic pgm
IF ...... Then ..... Else ..... Goto !
I had to download at least the quick start manual, to confirm whether there is an USB port/lanport in the modem or not. Normally , I expect the person who starts the query, to down load at least the user manual, and give links at the first instance.,which is an easy job because of Google/Yahoo search engines. We cannot download all the modems/routers manuals drivers/firmware etc at the first instance, and if only persons having the same modem have to reply, the person will have to wait .
After the initial reply or response only, I dig for an answer. I share the anxiety of the person asking for help, and try to give some suggestion/idea FAST at the initial stage.
Say someone in BSNL says my modem is not working and fail to give the model number , I simply refer them to the India wiki here, or Calcutta telephones site or some other IBF link ( searching through the tags) assuming he/she has modem supplied by BSNL,.
Recent example you can see the thread given here and see how it developed.
https://broadband.forum/mtnl-triband-broadband/22498-wireless-router-buy/
My contribution may be minimum.
Para two:
I am on a limited usage d/l and u/l of 1.4GB (during day time Airtel +Dataone)for a month. Only during nights ( Airtel free NU) 256Kbps very old tariff plan )I download the manuals etc, to answer the queries, if possible, search other web sites including Chinese.If lucky we may get a translation ! and during the time delay ,someone else can turn up ,with the correct advise.
Finally, whether I made a mistake is immaterial, as long it does not harm the equipment or computer.!!! If likely to harm, Immediate action may be taken by anybody ( specially moderator/admin)to correct my mistake/.
If the problem is solved FAST for an IBF participant. the credit goes to IBF and its contributers.
Just some stray thoughts, outside the thread, which I request , I may be excused.

hey i had gone through the manual and made connections as given in the manual....and then setup a connection but is not connecting....and also in device manager....modem is not detectable....and if i m right it should show the modem in the device list....i think the reason for not detecting the modem must the driver...either windows donot have the driver for the above modem or their is problem with the modem.......

Back