More HD channels?

• Thread starter Thread starter ind
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 12,405

ind

ISP
airtel 3G
Which DTH operator has the most number of real HD channels? I am happy with the quality of HD channels on Tata Sky however few they may be, but will switching to operators with more HD channels be a better choice?

Let's define asli first.I think it should have a resolution near 2MP, ie, 1028*1980 (what my LED thinks the Star World HD on Tata Sky is). And it is really good. Sound should be 5.1, but I'm not sure if tata sky channels are so though they claim it.

@ Ind....Asli is 1920x1080......or simple 1080i (1080p is not viable at the moment it seems). Audio of 5.1 ch will be available on all these channels....remember i m not talking about DD 5.1. I m talking about plain 5.1 audio, which is available on all HD channels, across all platforms. And DD audio is available on Star HD channels, again across all platforms, but over S/PDIF cable.PS: Pls remove that signature of Galaxy Note......u can simply edit that in Tapatalk settings! :)

@ Ind....

Asli is 1920x1080......or simple 1080i (1080p is not viable at the moment it seems). Audio of 5.1 ch will be available on all these channels....remember i m not talking about DD 5.1. I m talking about plain 5.1 audio, which is available on all HD channels, across all platforms. And DD audio is available on Star HD channels, again across all platforms, but over S/PDIF cable.

PS: Pls remove that signature of Galaxy Note......u can simply edit that in Tapatalk settings! :)

I have the s/pdif, purchased it from eBay. I connected it to Samsung home theatre and it worked ok.

So i am not switching away from Tata Sky for now.

And yes, got rid of the tapatalk signature :)

Ah, u shudnt switch away from ur DTH for this kinda reasons! Its like u get used to some of the flaws, alongwith the features u like in it. If u change it, what will happen is, u wont like certain features of the new platform, and u will hate some of the flaws in it even more. So unless u r really frustrated, or have been cheated, u shud stick to ur platform! :)

Ah, u shudnt switch away from ur DTH for this kinda reasons! Its like u get used to some of the flaws, alongwith the features u like in it. If u change it, what will happen is, u wont like certain features of the new platform, and u will hate some of the flaws in it even more. So unless u r really frustrated, or have been cheated, u shud stick to ur platform! :)

True

Back