More HD channels?

• Thread starter Thread starter ind
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 12,405
Major 'HD Channels' we don't have currently in Tata Sky.- Movies Now HD- CNBC TV18 Prime HD- History TV 18- Nat Geo Wild HD - Nat Geo Adventure HD - UTV Stars HD- Colors HDI don't care about last two but the first five mentioned HD channels should be there in Tata Sky. Airtel provides all of our existing and these above mentioned channels except 'Nat Geo Wild HD' & 'Nat Geo Adventure HD'. Dish TV provides all HD channels which are mentioned above. They also broadcast 'Nat Geo Music' which they claim to be in HD but I don't think that it is.

Isn't Ten HD also available on other DTH's?

Oops I have missed 'Ten HD' which is also major HD channel Dish TV & Airtel provides. Today morning Airtel has added both ESPN HD and Star Cricket HD thus becoming first DTH operator to have all three major sports HD channels in India and also becoming highest number of Tru HD channels which has now reached to 14. Well there are few other HD channels which I have not included due to their less popularity. - MTunes HD- Travel XP HDDish TV also provides the above two channels. But Dish TV does not provide Star Cricket HD, Star Gold HD, Star Movies HD, Star Plus HD, Star World HD & ESPN HD. So that under my personal opinion is not the ideal choice. Reliance Digital TV has one exclusive True HD music channel named “iConcerts HD” on it's package. Currently they have only 7 True HD channels which exclude Star World HD & Discovery HD. Angel TV HD, Zee TV HD, Zee Cinema HD and Zee Studio HD are not available on any of the Indian DTH services. Presently up-scaled versions of Zee TV, Zee Cinema & Zee Studio are available on Dish TV only. As Zee channels have started showing advertisement of their network's 'True HD' Channels like Zee TV HD, Zee Cinema HD & Zee Studio HD, chances of replacing these 3 up-scaled channels with True HD channels are very high on Dish TV. Please add any other HD channels or update/correct any false information if you find it.

I don't find reliance as reliable :-)
How is the quality of these channels?

Actually i am a Tata Sky customer... and overall happy with it.

"250 HD channels" I found the information on Reliance website and wrote it more humrously/sarcastically than matter-of-factly :)

Actually i am a Tata Sky customer... and overall happy with it.

"250 HD channels" I found the information on Reliance website and wrote it more humrously/sarcastically than matter-of-factly :)

Alright

My cousin uses Airtel Hd,hence i have seen all the HD channels that Airtel provides and here is my review.The actual HD channels are almost there in Tata Sky.Few of them which Airtel provides are Movies now HD,UTV stars HD,History TV18 HD..These 3 channels do not even carry the HD logo along with their label(yes its true...not even movies now)...the SD version and HD version of these channels provide the same content and even they show ADS,which are upscaled in HD..Tata sky on the other hand provides these channels in SD and believe me the clarity is the same as that of airtel(may be tata sky have upscaled it)..The Sd version of these channels looks pathetic in airtel,but these channels in tata sky looks almost like HD...there is very minor difference in clarity as far as these channels are concerned. Does this mean that airtel is cheating?...No,not at all....the channel itself is broadcasted in this way only.Also the SD version of the above mentioned 3 channels are in 4:3 ratio in airtel and tata sky provides them in 16:9 aspect ratio,which itself shows that they have upscaled it and also as i mentioned that picture quality is the sameatleast tata sky doesnt claim them to be HD channels like dish tv.So in a way tata sky has 8 original HD channels and 3 channels in SD which are almost HD..i think tata sky should concentrate on adding HD channels like1)nat geo HD2)nat geo adv HD3)travel XP hd4)ZEE tv HD5)ZEE cinema HD6)ZEE studio HD7)Ten HDalso cnbc tv18 hd and M tunes also will not solve the purpose as cnbc tv18 HD shows the same content that nornal CNBC news channels shows(only difference is that HD channel is filled with stock,shares and a lots of ticker filling the entire screen)..M tunes is a bollywood music HD channeli think tata sky is doing the right thing by adding quality HD channels...they shud concentrate on adding lots of SD channels as well....especially regional channels(they lac tamil and malayalam channels).

My cousin uses Airtel Hd,hence i have seen all the HD channels that Airtel provides and here is my review.

The actual HD channels are almost there in Tata Sky.

Few of them which Airtel provides are Movies now HD,UTV stars HD,History TV18 HD..These 3 channels do not even carry the HD logo along with their label(yes its true...not even movies now)...the SD version and HD version of these channels provide the same content and even they show ADS,which are upscaled in HD..Tata sky on the other hand provides these channels in SD and believe me the clarity is the same as that of airtel(may be tata sky have upscaled it)..The Sd version of these channels looks pathetic in airtel,but these channels in tata sky looks almost like HD...there is very minor difference in clarity as far as these channels are concerned.

Does this mean that airtel is cheating?...No,not at all....the channel itself is broadcasted in this way only.

Also the SD version of the above mentioned 3 channels are in 4:3 ratio in airtel and tata sky provides them in 16:9 aspect ratio,which itself shows that they have upscaled it and also as i mentioned that picture quality is the same

atleast tata sky doesnt claim them to be HD channels like dish tv.

So in a way tata sky has 8 original HD channels and 3 channels in SD which are almost HD..

i think tata sky should concentrate on adding HD channels like

1)nat geo HD
2)nat geo adv HD
3)travel XP hd
4)ZEE tv HD
5)ZEE cinema HD
6)ZEE studio HD
7)Ten HD

also cnbc tv18 hd and M tunes also will not solve the purpose as cnbc tv18 HD shows the same content that nornal CNBC news channels shows(only difference is that HD channel is filled with stock,shares and a lots of ticker filling the entire screen)..M tunes is a bollywood music HD channel

i think tata sky is doing the right thing by adding quality HD channels...they shud concentrate on adding lots of SD channels as well....especially regional channels(they lac tamil and malayalam channels).

absolutely right...i changed my dth connection from tata sky to airtel...and now i realize that tata sky is so very right .
1)as mentioned...the 3 channels provide no good in HD.
2)Sd version of all HD channels(be it star gold,plus,movies etc...)are very bad...tata sky provides better SD clairty to their customers..it feels as if airtel is indirectly forcing customers to watch channels in HD by diminishing the SD quality.
3)the products(i.e STB's) and service of tata sky is anytime better than airtel...you may feel tata sky is worse sometimes,but after changing service provider u might feel the difference and believe that tata sky is better
4)at one point this forum use to discuss on the less availability of music channels...after switching to airtel,i found that i watch only those music channels that were present in tata sky...channels like etc,masti and b4u provide nothing better
5)good that tata sky removed zee trendz and world movies...world movies is still showing the same movies that it used to show before...no improvement or addition in content..
6)there is no use of keeping such unwanted channels when no body watches it,unnecessarily the customers ends up paying more...atleast tata sky is mainting the price of packages by removing unwanted channels
7)Airtel's website is never updated..it is still showing some old packages and old offers...also their programm guide in the internet and mobile is also not updated...incase if u feel to record channels thru website or mobile...some of the channels may be missing

With all these above points,u will believe that tata sky is way better than any other service provider...the only reason why i m like airtel coz they have a lot of tamil and malayalam channels..its a treat for south indians.

MY friend who works in airtel gave me a deal where in 1 paid 8000 Rs and got a HD dvr stb and a normal STB with one year subscription of any package of my choice in both stb's..i shifted coz i did not have to spend much annualy compared to tata sky
but i might think of keeping airtel as a secondary connection with their lowest package and might shift to tata sky again for my primary.

^^^^U change ur connections for petty reasons & then repent. The others over here know the view i hold - unless & until u r really dissatisfied with ur current DTH, u shudnt look to change it. Atleast keep that in consideration from now on! :)

Back