Movies on a DVD Player through USB: Need Subtitles

• Thread starter Thread starter Eddy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 12,486
Exactly. Unless you really really want a DVD player, it would be worthwhile to spend a little bit more and get a media player which has far better format support.OT: All DVD players show subtitles (provided they are available of course). So you can pick anyone

i just ordered a WD TV Live! now i have to get a TV to use it!

^^ No. I just want to play XVID movie formats (ranging from 700mb-1.4 GB) ending with .avi extension form my pendrive to my TV.

Google

this is what i have purchased. there are cheaper models available. i went for this because it has wireless and lan support. cheaper ones would have just USB slots.

get a media player cm as low as 2800 or so...if u dnt want hd ...nd hd ones cm arnd 5k+

i just ordered a WD TV Live!

now i have to get a TV to use it!

The prices have fallen so much now. I remember I bought a WDTV last year for 5000 abroad. Don't repent the cost one bit. Excellent device to have.

mine broke after i lost its adapter and a local one probably fried it. :Pi tried hard to get a replacement adapter from WD India customer support guys. no use. let's hope i would have a better luck with this new model.

Did they refuse? AFAIK, these products have international warranty in the region they were bought in.

ah well. i had lost my adapter. so it was not really covered under warranty. ;D i was looking for a replacement one. emails to their call centers did not help as the product was not yet on sale in india at that time i guess. i did not pursue further. got a local one rated the same capacity. it probably was not very good as the device stopped working after a couple of hours of usage. :D

Back