MTNL 3G Jadoo Experiences and Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4,394
  • Views Views 464,605
According to Mr. Gaikwad who works at BKC, ACT HSDPA message needs to be sent to 444 to enable HSDPA speeds. Activation charge is around Rs. 400. He suggested that we activate HSDPA and not 3G. I was angry and told him that I have already paid Rs. 300 a year ago to activate 3G and cannot pay activation charges every time just to upgrade speeds.Edit:Mr. Gaikwad is the man!!!HSDPA network is enabled on my phone now. Speeds easily reaching 2.5 mbps Now a happy Panda :D

How much time did it take for you to get the confirmation message that HSDPA is activated on your phone now?

Vodafone, reliance & airtel are giving higher speeds without charging extra, why mtnl is caping 3G and asking users to pay more for higher speeds?

10p/10KB for vadafone1p.10KB for mtnl it does not mean that if you charge 1/10th price, you restrict the speeds also by 1/10?

maybe coz there r more ppl on the MTNL networks than the other ones n chances r max of they r using it like a wired conn ;)

How much time did it take for you to get the confirmation message that HSDPA is activated on your phone now?

Activation was instant as soon as Mr. Gaikwad called me back. No confirmation message. I just had to restart my phone.

Ok.I sent ACT HSDPA to 444 two times today but all I got was a message saying "Your request for HSDPA Activation is Received. You will receive confirmation SMS within an hour."Hours have passed but haven't received any confirmation yet.

Act hsdpa doesnt workTalk to 1503 and explain your problem to the lady. Tell her you need to activate hsdpa. Also tell her that 3g has already been activated.

zeo and anke1 , are they charging the 400+ rupees to start hsdpa ? or they have waived off that and activating hsdpa on request free of cost?

Back