• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 197
  • Views Views 39,742
Here is the answer
https://broadband.forum/mtnl-3g-jadoo/72412-finished-data-limit/

----------

Signal - good
Modem - supports 3.6mbps
then it is the overcrowded network. I advice to you visit Sancharhaat next to Sec-14 ( address Sec-12, Gurgaon) and complaint. Otherwise they don't know and they won't do a thing.

I suppose u are talking of the MTNL distributor near secor 14 (above the blackberry showroom, next to Nokia priority) ... thats not a sanchar haat i guess, but i may be wrong .. I purchased the sim yesterday from there only .. but where in gurgaon are you getting these speeds ?? are still getting the same speed today?

Here is the answer
https://broadband.forum/mtnl-3g-jadoo/72412-finished-data-limit/

----------

Signal - good
Modem - supports 3.6mbps
then it is the overcrowded network. I advice to you visit Sancharhaat next to Sec-14 ( address Sec-12, Gurgaon) and complaint. Otherwise they don't know and they won't do a thing.

Can U tell me where in Gurgaon are you getting better speeds ? .. and which modem are U using ?
I suppose u are talking about the MTNL distributor above the blackberry showroom opposite to the Air Force school , or if not please let me know the address of sanchar haat ...

Thanks in advance ..

I get about 2.5 mbps at my place in sector 49. I don't know why, but for the first there days, the speeds hovered around 512k, but from then on it has been 2.5 mbps constant.

I get about 2.5 mbps at my place in sector 49. I don't know why, but for the first there days, the speeds hovered around 512k, but from then on it has been 2.5 mbps constant.

Hi x720 .. Urs is MTNL 3G sim or something else .. coz i see "mahanagar nigam telecom limited" in the ISP name and urs is showing "NIB" ..
and can u tell me ur modem specification .. is it 3.6 or 7.2 MBPS ? bcoz a 3.6 MBPS wont be able to deliver 3.94 MBPS as shown here.. may be thats the issue with my speeds .. m putting the results that i just had ..

https://www.speedtest.net/result/1488714192.png

Thanks in advance ..

I suppose u are talking of the MTNL distributor near secor 14 (above the blackberry showroom, next to Nokia priority) ... thats not a sanchar haat i guess, but i may be wrong .. I purchased the sim yesterday from there only .. but where in gurgaon are you getting these speeds ?? are still getting the same speed today?

I am getting 1.4mbps today. Now I am close to MG Road station. Months ago, I used to get 2.9mbps in Sec-22. I guess, you should get the same.

Thats not the Sancharhaat. When you go towards bus stand on Old-delhi-gurgaon road..... after sec-14(left).... after Airforce school(left).... after Chaupal hotel(left).... JUST after BSNL telephone exchange(left).....there is a road on the right. There is Sec-12 market. You can see Bikanerwala there. Sancharhaat is close to it.

Hi x720 .. Urs is MTNL 3G sim or something else .. coz i see "mahanagar nigam telecom limited" in the ISP name and urs is showing "NIB" ..
and can u tell me ur modem specification .. is it 3.6 or 7.2 MBPS ? bcoz a 3.6 MBPS wont be able to deliver 3.94 MBPS as shown here.. may be thats the issue with my speeds .. m putting the results that i just had ..

https://www.speedtest.net/result/1488714192.png

Thanks in advance ..

That speed test in my signature is of my bsnl wireline. I was talking about getting 2.5 mbps on mtnl 3g. Yes I have an mtnl 3g sim, I use it in my phone which supports 7.2 mbps down and 5.76 mbps up.

e_abhi said:
Hey thanks for the quick reply .. I am using it in sector-21 Gurgaon, just behind INFOSPACE ... I am getting full signal strength, but still my actual download speeds are never more than 60 KBPS (ocassional spikes to 80-90 KBPS happens, but that hardly remains for a fraction of a second) ... The bandwidth range you mentioned as of today still should give you somewhere between 100-125 KBPS download speed on an avg.. right ? At worst, when the bandwidth is aroung .6 as u mentioned, it should be giving u around 75 KBPS .. is that the case ?

Again , mine is a 3.6 MBPS modem and not 7.2 MBPS .. to my knowledge, it should not make any difference to the speeds with MTNL network .. still I would like to have more thoughts on it and any ideas on that ..

----------

hi! we facing the same problem here..... and i mail to [email protected]...
the mtnl people in ur area limit the ur tower speed arond 750kbps for giving benefit to other users....means other mobile operator ..... of course for this they pay a good money to that people ......
so u 1st call costumer care and take a complaint no. and mail to [email protected] ::::::::::::: note= costumer care people also hesitate to give complaint no...
SO MAIL MTNL ......

e_abhi said:
Hey thanks for the quick reply .. I am using it in sector-21 Gurgaon, just behind INFOSPACE ... I am getting full signal strength, but still my actual download speeds are never more than 60 KBPS (ocassional spikes to 80-90 KBPS happens, but that hardly remains for a fraction of a second) ... The bandwidth range you mentioned as of today still should give you somewhere between 100-125 KBPS download speed on an avg.. right ? At worst, when the bandwidth is aroung .6 as u mentioned, it should be giving u around 75 KBPS .. is that the case ?

Again , mine is a 3.6 MBPS modem and not 7.2 MBPS .. to my knowledge, it should not make any difference to the speeds with MTNL network .. still I would like to have more thoughts on it and any ideas on that ..

----------

hi! we facing the same problem here..... and i mail to [email protected]...
the mtnl people in ur area limit the ur tower speed arond 750kbps for giving benefit to other users....means other mobile operator ..... of course for this they pay a good money to that people ......
so u 1st call costumer care and take a complaint no. and mail to [email protected] ::::::::::::: note= costumer care people also hesitate to give complaint no...
SO MAIL MTNL ......

Back