MTNL 3g unlimited plan -nid detail

• Thread starter Thread starter kronit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 197
  • Views Views 39,742
^Above link is of MTNL Delhi don't know whether mtnl mumbai too had regularize it.But I am sure sooner or later MTNL Mumbai will do this

Any MTNL Delhi 3G user travels widely and gets 3 G speed while roaming in BSNL with out speed cap?

My BSNL 3G -6 months un limited pack got over in mid July. But had capped speed @1mbps for 4 out of 6 months. Now tried a trial Rs 201-500 mb re charge. No more speed cap .Gives around 2 to 4 mbps even.
But BSNL 3G is recharge Rs 1100- for 10 gb ( Though Rs 606 -1 Gb day- % Gb night is there).
If MTNL 3G Jadoo works on roaming in BSNL all India network seamlessly( not bothered about voice -only Data),
considering asking my brother in Delhi to get a MTNL 6 months 3G jadoo pack and asking him to courier the sim to me to Chennai.
MTNL 3G users who travel outside Delhi often -Kindly advise.:grin:

As per below details, Free Data Charges are applicable even in Roaming and I have never heard of any operator charging additional for Data in Roaming .

Any MTNL Delhi 3G user travels widely and gets 3 G speed while roaming in BSNL with out speed cap?

My BSNL 3G -6 months un limited pack got over in mid July. But had capped speed @1mbps for 4 out of 6 months. Now tried a trial Rs 201-500 mb re charge. No more speed cap .Gives around 2 to 4 mbps even.
But BSNL 3G is recharge Rs 1100- for 10 gb ( Though Rs 606 -1 Gb day- % Gb night is there).
If MTNL 3G Jadoo works on roaming in BSNL all India network seamlessly( not bothered about voice -only Data),
considering asking my brother in Delhi to get a MTNL 6 months 3G jadoo pack and asking him to courier the sim to me to Chennai.
MTNL 3G users who travel outside Delhi often -Kindly advise.:grin:

I have traveled 4-5 times in last 4 months and I got connected most of times, sometimes I do not get BSNL 3g Signal but that seems area specific problem.

I never got charged in Roaming it still goes in my data plan

I get the same speed as in Delhi, even when I am on roaming in BSNL Network somehow they are connecting to MTNL network only as I always get MTNL IP, and my location is also shown as delhi no matter in which part if india I am in.

I am using 4500 6 months unltd plan.

Thanks for the info. I have used BSNL roaming all over India. 70% time used mostly in roaming during the last 6 months (Rs 4200 U L pack)from Jan 2011 to early July 2011. BSNL 3G works in all small towns and most railway stations in Tier II and Tier 3 towns. BSNL in Speedtest used to show location Delhi even when Iam sitting in Hyderabad, Bangalore,Chennai, Madurai etc.Now new BSNL 10 GB pack is 1100/30 days. Can extend every month with Rs 102/250mb data plan.I assume you subcribed MTNL Rs 4500/ 6months pack recently?I will ask my family member in Delhi to get a 3G Jadoo sim with a small data re charge say Rs 200. If it works in BSNL area with out deducting, may be boldly charge Rs 4500/6 months pack.BSNL 3G not too great inside colony (half the time switches back to "E") .But in main roads gives 2-3 mbps. Often you have to switch on/off many times in a day. But with out may be meter worth the hassle if we use say 15 Gb /month .The problem is -There will be no speed cap in normal re charge. Only after paying the Rs 4500 "un limited" - we will know any speed cap. BSNL did during Feb'11 to July '11.MTNL also did I think.

Can you please give me the details of speed . I just bought a MTNL sim and am using it with my 3.6 MBPS Huawei modem, but getting download speed of only 50-60 KBPS all the time, even the signal strength is full (50 KBPS being the avg speed..) .. Is there any temporary network bandwidth problem of MTNL with a past few days or so ? or they have capped the speeds ? can you help me in this ?Thanks in advance ..

Where are you using this connection?
Until 3 months ago, I used to get speeds 2.9mbps most of the times. In the evenings speeds dips down to 1 mbps.
For the last few months, I am getting speed 1.45mbps max, avg 1-1.2mbps, 0.6mbps in the evenings.

Seems that MTNL network is getting over crowded :(

Can you please give me the details of speed . I just bought a MTNL sim and am using it with my 3.6 MBPS Huawei modem, but getting download speed of only 50-60 KBPS all the time, even the signal strength is full (50 KBPS being the avg speed..) ..

Is there any temporary network bandwidth problem of MTNL with a past few days or so ? or they have capped the speeds ? can you help me in this ?

Thanks in advance ..

----------

Forgot to mention, the signal strength is excellent.

Where are you using this connection?
Until 3 months ago, I used to get speeds 2.9mbps most of the times. In the evenings speeds dips down to 1 mbps.
For the last few months, I am getting speed 1.45mbps max, avg 1-1.2mbps, 0.6mbps in the evenings.

Seems that MTNL network is getting over crowded :(

So, what's the consensus? I'm planning to get the 4,500 recharge soon! I'm expecting I'll get 800GB data with it, but what do I do after I exhaust that 800GB? What's the easiest way to get them to add more data?

Hey thanks for the quick reply .. I am using it in sector-21 Gurgaon, just behind INFOSPACE ... I am getting full signal strength, but still my actual download speeds are never more than 60 KBPS (ocassional spikes to 80-90 KBPS happens, but that hardly remains for a fraction of a second) ... The bandwidth range you mentioned as of today still should give you somewhere between 100-125 KBPS download speed on an avg.. right ? At worst, when the bandwidth is aroung .6 as u mentioned, it should be giving u around 75 KBPS .. is that the case ?

Again , mine is a 3.6 MBPS modem and not 7.2 MBPS .. to my knowledge, it should not make any difference to the speeds with MTNL network .. still I would like to have more thoughts on it and any ideas on that ..

----------

So, what's the consensus? I'm planning to get the 4,500 recharge soon! I'm expecting I'll get 800GB data with it, but what do I do after I exhaust that 800GB? What's the easiest way to get them to add more data?

The deals sounds cool, effectively @ 750/- PM .. Data caps are no issues as they will be waived off even if u cross 200 GB per month (some may require a head hitting at MTNL office's walls, but that has to happen and sarkari babus will do that 4 sure ... not a big issue I guess) .. The main concern I am facing after taking the connection is the SPEED ... if this speed sustains, I will never get a chance to ask for a waiving off that 200GB cap as I would never reach there or anyway near .. 60 KBPS effective download speed makes no sense to a 3G connection .. Highly concerned now :(

Here is the answer
https://broadband.forum/mtnl-3g-jadoo/72412-finished-data-limit/

----------

Signal - good
Modem - supports 3.6mbps
then it is the overcrowded network. I advice to you visit Sancharhaat next to Sec-14 ( address Sec-12, Gurgaon) and complaint. Otherwise they don't know and they won't do a thing.

Hey thanks for the quick reply .. I am using it in sector-21 Gurgaon, just behind INFOSPACE ... I am getting full signal strength, but still my actual download speeds are never more than 60 KBPS (ocassional spikes to 80-90 KBPS happens, but that hardly remains for a fraction of a second) ... The bandwidth range you mentioned as of today still should give you somewhere between 100-125 KBPS download speed on an avg.. right ? At worst, when the bandwidth is aroung .6 as u mentioned, it should be giving u around 75 KBPS .. is that the case ?

Again , mine is a 3.6 MBPS modem and not 7.2 MBPS .. to my knowledge, it should not make any difference to the speeds with MTNL network .. still I would like to have more thoughts on it and any ideas on that ..

Back