MTNL Broadband: 2mbps for free on unlimited plans on sundays in April 2011

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 540
  • Views Views 70,650
Status
Not open for further replies.
well, even if they are enticing.. why cant we simply enjoy the free offer? other ISPs dont give anything free.MTNL is giving free modem, free installation, free speed upgrades, free uploads. May be temporarily but atleast its given. What do other ISPs give?i will be saving atleast 15-20days of night time electricity by this move. and since upload wud be faster, torrent ratio maintaining will be much easy too.also if we start session at 23:55 Sunday night, its possible that we will get 6 more hrs of 2mbps for free.Still, we shud not forget that MTNL is doing business, so if its enticing/luring the users, its no harm. Atleast its not forcing you anything. If u know that u wont get lured, then u wont upgrade once the free offer is over.

lol i ain't complaining about the offer !! i completely intend to make the max use of it :D. btw check this out : the mtnl page says "##DSL_Unlimited_3999 has been upgraded to DSL_Unlimited_4999." I m assuming they have increased the old rate of 3999 to 4999 for the 2mbps plan. this i just ridiculous IF the assumption is right. Can any1 tell me the old rate for the 2mbps unlimited plan?? was it 3999/- ?

yes rates were increased long back.. it wasnt done yesterday with this new upgrades

Considering they took 3 weeks and 10 phone calls to upgrade my speed from 512kbps to 1mbps, i am not too optimistic.
It is not available for us anyway.

Considering they took 3 weeks and 10 phone calls to upgrade my speed from 512kbps to 1mbps, i am not too optimistic.

@!#@$#% :ishock::wall::@ my sync rate is still as before :@

nope with session wise speed control, speed control will be completely automatic. so unless someone messes with the system time of MTNL server, and keeps all days as Sundays, we wont see glitch.
I agree, their system clocks download traffic efficiently, I'll assume it can handle this as well.

The MTNL page says the download speed for Sundays is 2mbps for the month of April .So are we to assume that post April it will be back to 1 mbps?? I mean what the point of giving it for 1 month?? trying to entice ppl to upgrade to higher plans later on by giving em a taste of what 2mbps feels like?? lolz

In college we used to call it CT :evil: now it has a more sophisticated title. :rofl:

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

TOI and MTNL doing an April 1 prank?

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

ok found it.

https://imgur.com/A1T83

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

Will wait till tomorrow morning then write a stinker to Shri Peeyush Agrawal, the current Mumbai ED who is quoted above :evil:

@socrates : btw wat xchange r u on?? coz my down sync is increased to 2048 but up sync is still 256 !! it shud have been 512 by today. i m on prabhadevi xchange. Last time when i had a prob i direct called up the guy in BB dept. today those buggers have a holiday so lets see wat happens on mon.

@socrates : btw wat xchange r u on?? coz my down sync is increased to 2048 but up sync is still 256 !! it shud have been 512 by today. i m on prabhadevi xchange. Last time when i had a prob i direct called up the guy in BB dept. today those buggers have a holiday so lets see wat happens on mon.

I am on Prabhadevi exchange, usually the center of these activities :) Just framed a email for future use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back