MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 263,957
Pings to MTNL Speedtest server are back to normal.
3897940363.png

Singapore
3897952522.png

London
3897948740.png

New York City
3897946527.png

Got a TP-Link TD8817 Modem as suggested by people in this thread.

m2X6g0Q.png

Last edited:
Please explain how?
u connect straight to the VPN in europe or anywhere esle. (think of it mroe as a straight pipe from ur location to europe) mtnl has a decent routing to europe but crappy to americas or anywhere esle. the europeans have better connectivity through europe and usa(actually better routing) . This way u go through their routing instead of whatever weird roundabout route u would take. however dont be under the assumption tht u wud get some miraculous speeds. the speedtest is between their server n the destination. u will only get what your isp allots u. but u wont be handicapped and face bottlenecks due to routing issues. thats all.
whn i download i get 9.5 which is the max i can via mtnl. the speedtest shows there are no bottlenecks through the entire path.

I am getting 61 and 75 snr on 2740 D-Link, i guess this is very bad considering this is to be multiplied by 0.1. Can any one confirm this?

I don't think it has to be multiplied by .1, but then again, your SNR is insanely high, 30+ is outstanding, so your's is probably something slightly different.
Check your line attenuation, you want it to be less than 25.
Post a traceroute and speedtest

Back