• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 15,699

y2s

Regular
ISP
Jio Fiber 300
Airtel/Vi/Jio Wireless
I am going to write about my experience in this thread.

I currently have Reliance WiMax 1Mbit priced at Rs.2199. Their customer care and service is good, but I feel Cheated as my nets down 2 days in a month and logging in is just a pain. Price was not a major factor in my decision.

16:43 22/02/10
So I called my Office up and asked them to inquire about a new connection with MTNL and was advised to call them via my MTNL Land Line on 1500 which I did. The wait was a little under 30 seconds( None of that automated menu Bullshit) and the hold music was old school ghazal, which I thought was a nice touch.

The CSR was a bit arrogant and not what I'm really used to. But Booking was done in 3 minutes flat, which is awesome when compared to what I went through with reliance and tata In the Past. No forms, No Cheques. Nothing

I have been assured a connection in a week and have been told that it should take 2-3 days

Lets see what will happen.

Updates

16:57 22/01/10
I was just contacted with a conformation number. This CSR was nice. Again assured of connection within a week.

17:02 22/01/10
Another call to confirm what Modem I wanted- Wireless or Wired.

11:02 25/01/10
MTNL Fellows came over all set, with modem and everything, Unfortunately My Nitsuko-Enkay Phone system was too complicated for them
Have Arranged My phone fellows to come with MTNL Fellows Tomorrow at Noon.
Lets See How it Goes

13:00 26/01/10
MTNL Fellows came over along with Enkay people.
Did their Thing, and Internet is now on. The MTNL fellow was old, Not the kind of person you'd expect to know his way around broadband.-=)
Anyways it seems Okay, My Torrent Speeds are suffering.....=(=( =( fluctuating alot
I will Post My overall experience after One day of Use.

13:00 22/03/10
Speed Dropped to 512. Complain sent via email, reply came almost immediately.

18:00 24/03/10
Speed corrected. Stable 1200kbps download.
VERDICT
Internet is awesome
Getting speeds Higher than promised, Torrents are not suffering, getting good speeds.
I am so happy reliance's log in shit is over. This is True Always On Internet.
I Love it.
I am Now an MTNLfan
MTNL is the best ISP in India-
No fair Usage like Airtel or TATA
No login like Reliance or TATA
Easy Billing
Always On
Faster than most ISP's

P.S.- My Modem Froze up once yesterday. I think thats the modems fault(DNA-A212) I might replace it. My wifi range has Increased.

I have been so happy with my MTNL Triband connection that a member @swapnilrk2004 has been able to convince me to get MTNL's IPTV services. I obviously will be posting my New Connection User Experience on that. The thread can be found at https://broadband.forum/mtnl-iptv/59380-mtnl-iptv-new-connection-user-experiences/#post393638

Please leave your comments/suggestions below. Also feel free to share your experiences.

..........assured of connection within a week...........
Well it depends upon your locality. If your area has high demand of connections from MTNL, that wait could extend to 15 days.
But mostly u wud get in 7 days, as its the end of month, so they wud process it asap.

Lol looking at ur Sig, dont expect tht good upload from MTNL :P .. it wud b 1/10 or so of ur Reliance upload :P ..

yes, MTNL's acknowledgment/confirmation/verification service is BEST ever i have seen. whenever i make a complaint on 198/1500 , i get reply call within 5mins. (however call doesnt mean the problem was solved, it just means that it was verified!)when i booked triband line for my uncle abt 2-3 months back, they told me too that i will get the connection in a week. i even went and met triband dept in exchange. they were very confident that i will get it in a week. infact very next day i.e. saturday, a guy called saying that he will come on monday to install.however it took them 1 month in reality as they didnt have wireless modems available. however i had applied for connection when there was "FREE CONNECTION and FREE MODEM" scheme going on. that cud be the reason that they ran out of modems, as many ppl might have applied and they underestimated demand.so otherwise its likely that u shud get connection in a week.

So you guys advise against the Shift.In my use I will only suffer on torrent ratios and uploading stuff on to servers. I think Ill survive. If not, MTNL has an option to upgrade upload.

How does MTNL do its wiring?Does it use simple telephone wires or do they set up new wires?

r u taking new connection (complete telephone line)?they have extra slots for new connection on every floor of building! (atleast it was so in my uncle's case)so new wiring they wud require is maximum 10-15mtrs. and yes its simple telephone wire.

Lol no one said its a bad service.. rather MTNL, would soon be the best ISP i guess. the recent low charges suggest theres more from MTNL to happen.Wiring!? IF you have mtnl landline connection , no wiring issue. Else they would jst connect wth ur building's phone box which has all the flats connected already so ur connection wud b setup soon. btw.. uploads are bad and no upload upgradation. though uploads are free (If you are thinkng abt limited plans) the upload speed is low..

MTNL has started offering higher upload speed at some additional charges per month. i think 500Rs/month/256kbpsP.S. ADSL lines tend to disconnect more often as upload speed increases (unless u r very close to exchange)

r u taking new connection (complete telephone line)?

they have extra slots for new connection on every floor of building! (atleast it was so in my uncle's case)

so new wiring they wud require is maximum 10-15mtrs. and yes its simple telephone wire.

No, I have always had MTNL landline Services

Lol no one said its a bad service..
rather MTNL, would soon be the best ISP i guess. the recent low charges suggest theres more from MTNL to happen.

Wiring!? IF you have mtnl landline connection , no wiring issue. Else they would jst connect wth ur building's phone box which has all the flats connected already so ur connection wud b setup soon.

btw.. uploads are bad and no upload upgradation.
though uploads are free (If you are thinkng abt limited plans) the upload speed is low..

MTNL has started offering higher upload speed at some additional charges per month. i think 500Rs/month/256kbps

P.S. ADSL lines tend to disconnect more often as upload speed increases (unless u r very close to exchange)

I Hope Not. Anyways I have limited options In my Building - Only 5 customers, as every floor is owned by one person ISP's dont find it attarctive/.
I have the Option of-
Hathway
MTNL
Tata Indicom
Reliance WiMax

If you have MTNL landline service then no new wiring will be done.

Back