MTNL Broadband: Wi-Fi Connection.

• Thread starter Thread starter ppkakad
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 9,218
I am using Linksys wireless Gateway model number WAG54G2. It works as a modem as well as router. In the past I have looked through all options like Netgear, D-Link but this gateway is by far the best of all. It costs around 3700 RS. And Signals are amazingly good even if there is wall between pcs :thumb:and if you want even more range then linksys has higher models also that costs around 7000 rs. I am totally satisfied with wireless performance of this gateway. :clap:

I am using Linksys wireless Gateway model number WAG54G2. It works as a modem as well as router. In the past I have looked through all options like Netgear, D-Link but this gateway is by far the best of all. It costs around 3700 RS. And Signals are amazingly good even if there is wall between pcs :thumb:

and if you want even more range then linksys has higher models also that costs around 7000 rs. I am totally satisfied with wireless performance of this gateway. :clap:

But dude are there any Cisco service centers in India??I stay in Mumbai and u r in delhi...What if by chance something happens to the Linksys router??Even i prefer Linksys but my Engineer told me that it is very hard to configure Linksys and get heats up too...

He is preferring Netgear and infact most of the ppl i asked!!!The DG 834G v5 model...How is this one since u have mentioned that u have experienced Netgear too??Should i go for Linksys only??

if you are in unlimited plan then it makes sense that you go with mtnl provided wireless router as they have no rent for unlimited plans. The one time charge is Rs. 800 and so instead of spending 3800 your work is done in Rs. 800 !

But dude are there any Cisco service centers in India??I stay in Mumbai and u r in delhi...What if by chance something happens to the Linksys router??Even i prefer Linksys but my Engineer told me that it is very hard to configure Linksys and get heats up too...

He is preferring Netgear and infact most of the ppl i asked!!!The DG 834G v5 model...How is this one since u have mentioned that u have experienced Netgear too??Should i go for Linksys only??

I am using Linksys for the last 14 months and I dont have a single issue at all. Who says its very hard to configure, well it only takes a couple of seconds to configure it. You are misguided my friend.

I had used netgear also but it gave me some frequent disconnection problem.

but at the end choice is yours :cool2:

Umm, 802.11g works fine if all you want to do is stream music / compressed video over the network. But if you want to share files, then 802.11n is the way to go. Max local transfer speeds on an 802.11g connection would be 2-2.5 MBps which is pretty slow if you transfer multiple gigabytes of data.

Guys i have 2 PCs in my house and i stay in Mumbai..I want to connect them through Wireless Adsl Modem+Router...Is the Wifi option good to have??I am thinking of buying one of the following routers...I am preferring Netgear and D-Link.What u all think???:confused:

Dlink2640t-3600rs

Netgear DG 834G-3650 rs

Linksys WAG 54G-4000rs
Also are there are any disadvantages in WIFI??Does the signal get weak if there are walls in between or doors?The point is i stay in the Bungalow with Ground+1st floor and all the 2 Pcs are on the first floor...Plz guide me as i am bit confused.Thanks.:)

i bought last week netgear DG845G v5 for Rs. 3075. it works preety good. give me good signal. i also live in a ground+1st floor. i hv kept the router in corner room of the 1st floor. it gives me good signal on the other end of the 1st floor. i dont get good signal on all the rooms on the ground floor but i get good signal outside my house. hvnt tried on the terrece but i guess it shud give a good signal. on the ground floor i get signal only in 3 rooms. i works decent across my thick walls.

its pretty easy to configure this router. i did it on my own. i have tried connecting 3 computers simultainously. 2 wireless & 1 wired. gives me good singal across wireless pc even with skype & streaming video across both wireless pc.

cheers.

Back