Worth going for an airtel wi-fi connection ?

• Thread starter Thread starter Eddy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 21,750
@Eddy

Its not me who says that beetel 450Bx1 is bad but the airtel service tech visiting my place.... they strongly recommend not taking it. They claim that its range is not more than 10-20 feet.....:o.... if u stay on one floor and router is going to be placed on the same any popular router shud be good for u. You can opt for beetel 450Bx1 if u intend to stick around the 20 feet radius of that router....:P.... Airtel techs can be summoned if u bought ur own router and want some assistance from them to set things up....they don't mind giving a helping hand....if you have the direct number of the local airtel techy then ask him to come and help u out.
If you don't then call CC tell them that you want to setup internet with your new router and wanted some help...again they wont mind sending you help.

Just don't invest in that airtel beetel router its like wasting 1000 bucks which u wont eve get back. Spend around 2000 bucks and get your self a 50 times better equipment which would work atleast 3-5 yrs....:cool2:

PS: i dont know the geography of your house but the wireless signals flow like a fountain.... place router in the centre of your house preferably as high as possible....:)

I understand you wanted to say the the Beetel is a very bad choice ? So that means there will be a problem with connectivity ?

Is my 9th floor a disadvantage ?

@eseebee: I am not looking at a data card or a USB modem. I am looking at wi-fi.

thanks iam able to open pdf file but not able to view in the tariffs airtel site after selecting karnataka circle.

You'll need sun java vm to be installed. Try opening the site in IE or Mozilla Firefox. Both work just fine here.

I can show you a screen shot if needed!

Cheers,
Zer0

Back