mtnl iptv - updates etc

• Thread starter Thread starter banda
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 55
  • Views Views 16,508
what is a criming tool? why required? do u mean the Ethernet clip-plug should be there on both ends or what?
are the cheap wires any good in quality?
can u suggest a shop (in NP or around) from where to buy? please!:)

oops..p omitted inadvertently...its actually crimping tool..its used to attach the plug (called RJ45) that u see at both ends of a ready to use ethernet wire..

Just buy any quality of wire, all of them are good enuff..regarding the shop u can buy the wire from shreeshyam computers in NP ph : 26287741

about the wires: two brands available in NP, Quantum @Rs 8 per m andD-LINK @ Rs 14 per m.can anyone tell wich wire (brand or something) the aksh guys are using/giving?

14Rs per m?!! isnt that too much.i thought u get good quality wire for just 5 Rs/m. dont know which brand though. thats what i heard from a friend who is network eng.

Shubh Dipavali everyone!! Hi lokeshthere is a website for aksh, as Nish lal has mentioned, however, its a general information websaite. However, the technical parameters can be checked from 168.1.1 site. I checked there and found that while other parameters are ok there is a high count, approx 12000, for CRC error on the upstream, I don't really know the cause for that as yet coz i even tried to link directly with the main tele line (the one comes from the pole ) and still things didn't improve.

It seems everyone is busy with Diwali and thereafter...In the meantime my IPTV connection has become stable, te freezing etc is gone although picture has become less sharp. The channels in the beginning of the lineup are relatively sharp (which means basically the children oriented channels) but unlike what Nish had reported star movies and HBO aren't coming a bit blurred ;( Anyway, since things have become to look better I thought it might be a good idea to report the vital stats related to the connection. It would be interesting to see what other users are getting. These numbers come up when u look at the 192.168.1.1 site ->Status ->ADSL page SNR (Signal to Noice ratio) : 25.5 (Downstream) 10 (Upstream) (the higher the better)Line Attenuation (lower the better): 14 (Down Stream) 6 (upstream)Loss of Signal: 0 CRC errors: (lower the better) 4 (D Stream ) 24 (U Stream)(Note: when I was getting freezing this was as high as 11000 for the upstream)Data Rate: 3072 (DS) 1024 (US)Latency; Fast (DS) Fast (US)

ppl getting 100 or 102 channels? wich two channels (if any) missing?acha, Star movies, HBO and AXN coming na?

yup star movies hbo and axn are still comming :)@indiana_jonesmy stats are also pretty similar to indiana_jones... upstream margin and attenuation seems to be affected badly after iptv was installed.the crc errors just increase if you have been connected for a long time .. as they start to accumulate.. but 11000 means that ur attenuation would have been very bat too.u getting 2mbps or 256kbps??SNR Margin28.5db8.5dbdBLine Attenuation16.5db8.0dbdBLoss of Signal00CRC Errors00Data Rate3072 Kbps1023 KbpskbpsLatencyFastFast

one thing i wanted to ask, and it is inspired by the local cable op. what if some problem occurs in your iptv connection, say, line disconnect or some other technical problem! then what? in how much time will it get repaired? if something happens at night, then too the local cable op. tries to resolve it, what about it in MTNL IPTV? i asked the Mtnl CC guys, but they didn't know! ditto for the aksh guys!

Back