MTNL -NU849 V/s 512 kbps unlimited

• Thread starter Thread starter sumit4u13
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 5,982
^^Are you sure you can download 30 to 40 GB of stuff with 512 UL a month with a speed of 55-60 kbps?

assuming a sync rate of 512 Kbps and actual download speed of 435 kbps (due to overhead) one can download abt 138 GB of data in one month if he keeps his connex running 24x7

"ASAP" doesn't work that way. You have to wait for the next billing cycle to change the plan.

In short if you take up any plan you will have to stick with it for 1 month anyhow.
No sir. It doesn't work that way. It is not easy to synchronize with billing cycle even if you want to. They will switch your plan when you call them on 1504 from the same landline. The switch may take upto 24 hours.
You must wait for their phone call to confirm the switch.
During the wait period between the day of your call to them and their confirmation call, I suggest you be conservative. What I mean is that you assume the worst case plan scenario when you use your internet.
For example, when you are shifting from unlimited to NU, you curtail your day usage the day you make the call. I also suggest you save the usage details page at the time when you get their confirmation call. This comes in handy if you have to convince them in case they screw up your billing.

I have a 512kbs plan and download speed is around 54 KBps.I download over 50gb a month.
I think you should go for 512 ul combo. That way u get 500 free calls, no phone rents and no head aches of switching modem off or on. or in other words complete peace of mind.

With night unlimited plans there is always a risk of overbills because of glitches etc and one could even exceed the day downloading limit and be charged 1 rs/mb.

Sunny

I have a 512kbs plan and download speed is around 54 KBps.I download over 50gb a month.
I think you should go for 512 ul combo. That way u get 500 free calls, no phone rents and no head aches of switching modem off or on. or in other words complete peace of mind.

With night unlimited plans there is always a risk of overbills because of glitches etc and one could even exceed the day downloading limit and be charged 1 rs/mb.

Sunny
Sadly that plan is not available for us poor, discriminated against, Mumbai customers of MTNL.

@genexed

How much are they charging for 512 UL normal and combo?
They are charging only Rs. 1299 for 512 UL combo which not only gives 512 kbps unlimited broadband but in addition gives 500 free landline calls.
In case that does not make you angry enough about how we in Mumbai are treated by MTNL, here is something more.
They have unlimited 256 kbps combo at Rs. 599/- which includes 100 free landline calls. This is a promotional scheme till March 2009 but I believe once you lock on to that scheme, you can continue for ever just like we had 590 NU before.

Back