• Thread starter Thread starter meghna
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 6,789

meghna

ISP
MTNL
Hello guys.....

I am frustrated user of the MTNL triband....

I am using it from 1 yr , but from last 3 mnths i am facing frequent disconnection. N Now its not even getting connected. I am using parallel line for telephone and router (UT 300 R2U) . After i start facing this problem, I used to disconnect the parallel line and use the line from the splitter for the telephone. But still it didn't work.

Here is my observation from the DSL Status section of 192.168.1.1

When Connected

downstream upstream
Rate(kbps) 2047 263
SNR margin(db) 6.8 24.0
Attenuation 46.5 31.9
Output power -6.4 96.3
super frames 5726 5724
Super frame errors 1006 40

These days I dont even get the connectivity. The Link LED glows for 4-5 seconds, then Data led glows for a second and both goes off. Again the same thing.

Please help me figure out the problem. Is the problem with Modem or Line or Configuration.

Thanks in advance..

The line stats are pretty bad (assuming it's with the modem connected directly to the splitter) which explains the connectivity problems. Tell them to get it checked and pray they do somethin abt it.EDIT: Most probably they'll take the easy route and simply sync u at a lower data rate like 512 or even 256.

Hello....Thanks for the reply...It seems to be problem with my telephone line. Will do something about it. Can somebody post the ideal value for SNR, Attenuation and output power..Thanks

get the line fixed ...even if you know the snr, attenuation ..values yu cannot complain directly regarding those...line gets ok other things will normailize then and there

call in the mtnl lines man and tell him to replace the wire from the main junction box...all ur frequent disconnection probs will be solved..he will charge u something may be 100 or 200 but its worth it..i just hope he comes..

after ur line is replaced hop on to bridge mode and u will get better stability..:)

https://www.speedtest.net

lolzz..thts MTNL..;)

Hi Meghna, all depends on the state of your telephone line. IF the wires are touching in the internal wiring nothing much can be done as the lineman will tell you they are in a "loop" Just check the wire from the box in the society to your house if it is in good shape. During the day, there is so much "congestion" so it disconnects frequently, cant be helped

wipeout, has got ISP: Africa Online, thats last hope,check u r line from box, that has all connections of people.

Back