NAT type failed suddenly in playstation

• Thread starter Thread starter Luffy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 3,723
ISP
Airtel Xstream
Since 5th June 9:00 pm, I'm having issue connecting to any multiplayer online games on PS5 due to NAT Type being failed with Airtel Xstream fiber. I tried a different connection(My mobile data) and it works fine. I have the Nokia G-140W-F modem.
The issue arose suddenly, so I'm not sure what happened in the backend which made the nat type strict. I've talked with customer care, no help, they said someone would call me at some time, so not sure. I tried to enable uPnP and DMZ, but no help there too. Set up port forwarding for Playstation's ports, but no help there as well.
Now, I'm kinda stuck with what to do from here, any suggestions?

You most likely have been switched to CG-NAT.
Solution is to request the support team to move you back to a public IP pool. If that is not possible, purchase a static IP.
If IPv6 is enabled in your area, and if it is implemented correctly, you should not face the issue. So you can check that with Airtel too.

@doineedto That's what I thought too, but the IP shown public and the IP set in my router are the same, so that means the I.P is public, right? I'm not sure what the issue is, but it seemed like CG-NAT until I checked the I.P

@rockstar543yt Did you talk to someone in the technical support for it? I have talked to them, but it seems like they are dodging this issue

@tatyasky Already rebooted it a lot of times, but no change. Haven't reset it yet tho, don't know if that is required or not

@GR2 Didn't help either, raised an issue and escalated it, The Airtel technical support keeps resolving without calling or knowing the issue from me, have called again to tell them that the next step is going to be terminating the subscription, so they have started acting now and said that the area has an issue and it's being fixed, so waiting on them.

Something weirder happened since the last time. Airtel support is still dodging the issue, and today I randomly logged into my PS and did a connection test, and found out that NAT type was back to being 2. But, the issue of not entering a game + viewing websites not loading is still there, now I'm totally confused as to what is happening since, NAT doesn't seem like the issue anymore, if anyone can help me or have faced do provide some info.

Back