Planning to change ISP to get better NAT type.

@Yatch You can't check nat type for the games you mentioned on playstation or xbox. He is able to check it on pc because it is present in the companion launcher software (rockstar social club, ea origin, etc).

Last edited:
@Lolita_Magnum I could only check my NAT type in COD. How could you check your NAT type in BF5, The division2, RDR2? I dint find it anywhere. I am on Playstation by the way.
For rdr2, if your press home - 'social club menu' - settings - networks, you will find nat type.
For other games, there's not really a way, Other than checking via the Xbox network in settings.
For division 2 games, you'd frequently get an error like - DELTA-01 etc.

@Lolita_Magnum Is it the PC version you are talking about?

When I launch social club in browser, in settings I can only see Profile, Privacy, Linked accounts, email verification etc.

On my PS4 ingame social app settings just show Mailing list, Privacy, Unlinking account, Policies etc. Cant find network settings anywhere.

On my laptop on XBOX networking it shows open NAT if I enable upnp on my Jio router.

You won't see it unless you are running the game. While the game is running or even on the welcome screen, you can go to social club and look for it, I guess this option won't be there for consoles. But usually if you have strict nat, when you enter online, the game gives you a notification.
Good, so jio does give you port forwarding with some games.

I don't understand these jargons with NAT, strict NAT, moderate NAT or open NAT, but to an amateur like me NAT is bad, right? Now the main question lies before me, as my Jio 30-day trial is coming to an end, whether to stick with it, or go back to Hathway. So I need to know,
1: If I opt for static IP with Jio, will the NAT problems be solved?
2: If yes, then how much do Jio ask for for issuing Static IP?

Please advise.

Jio do not offer static ip as of yet to residental consumers.
You better bet would be to go airtel, some places for now come with dynamic public ip and if they don't, there's a fee of 99/month or try some other ISP. I feel Hathway performance is well known to be a turd.

@Lolita_Magnum Thanks. Well I tried airtel the past month. The speed was excellent while latency was very poor. So asked for disconnection and switched to Jio. No other option for me other than Hathway. I used Hathway for nearly a year, they were decent actually. Now it's difficult to compare directly as don't have both connections running side by side. But I wonder why Jio doesn't issue static IP for residential customers, that's just sad. Can I request them somewhere, nodal head or something?

@hallow2087 I download a lot of torrents too. Jio throttles speeds a lot from my experience. In terms of speed airtel indeed was excellent, but terrible routing.

I doubt that, ask your Jio LOC if he can issue. The nodal would probably question you the reason you need, and would push you to buy a business connection instead.

If you feel you are good with Hathway, just go for it then.
One small difference I got of using Hathway compared to Jio were, international servers had throttled download speeds. Downloading via an IRC BOT crippled download performance.

For solely torrent, unless you do Private Torrents, you won't really need to bother with Port Forwarding or NAT type.
For my private torrents, before static ipv4 (with strict NAT) my Avg upload data was about ~2GB/24Hours. Now it's peaking to about 60-80GB/24Hours, so for me it's a somewhat of an advantage, better NAT here increases the possibility to people able to reach you.
Better NAT also helps, when you are downloading a poorly seeded torrent, since it opens up the possibility to connecting almost every single user.

Back