Planning to change ISP to get better NAT type.

@Lolita_Magnum Yes, a 2-digit security code shows on my end upon entering password, and the recipient's phone gets a series of codes out of which one is accurate. I have to call my relative and mention the code I got so that he selects the correct one.

I wonder the reason behind this. As if I am logging in from a different IP every time!

Actually this is not an ISP issue, this a security implemented by Google itself, I advice, you use a separate browser for your relatives login. Since, in incognito it doesn't saves cookies, Google has no way of making sure that the login is legit. Hence the otp.

Hmm thanks. But if I remember correctly it was not the same when I was on Hathway. Logging in from incognito didn't warrant GMail OTPs or Twitter's a-new device-has-logged-in notifications on every login. Thanks for your advice about the separate browser thing, will do it.

@hallow2087 I'm guessing coincidence, since I'm too managing some of my relatives accounts, getting otp nowadays are kind off compulsory if the website thinks it's a new browser/incognito.

The OTP verification is based on a number of factors, with one of the most important being the login location.
In this case, since on the Hathway connection you were behind CGNAT, it is possible that your public IP never changed. So the location of the login for Google servers was always the same, due to which the verification was not triggered.
Now on other providers, if you are getting a dynamic public IP, the gateway might be different which in-turn makes Google servers think that this request is from a different location, and triggers the verification.
This might just be a possibility though! We have no way of identifying what actually triggers the verification unless someone with insight can help.

Are you restarting the ONT regularly?

Yea that's a good analogy but nowadays unless it's I explicitly clicks remember me, it always ask for confirmation.
In my other alt accounts where I don't really have any extra devices linked, it doesn't asks for much, no matter how times my ip is changing. (I have set my router to reboot every 3 days)

In this case, since on the Hathway connection you were behind CGNAT, it is possible that your public IP never changed.

Are you restarting the ONT regularly?
Was I on CGNAT with Hathway though? Refer to this old post of mine, and if I checked it correctly then I was not on CGN with Hathway : Intending to switch to Jio Fiber from Hathway | Reliance JioFiber

No, I don't reboot router whatsoever. I turn it on at morning and turn it off at late night, it continuously stays on in between.

UPDATE: I ended up getting a static IP. Got to working in like 20 minutes.
Obv working as it should.
BF5, COD, DIVISION 2 -Open NAT.
GTA, RDR2 - Moderate.
Xbox - OPEN.
Can finally access my Torrent Client remotely.
Plex finally works lol.
My API Server which I had build for my App actually works.
Oh, yeah UBISOFT frcking worked on first try.

Downside? Since it's static, you can't really change your IP?
Easy to DDOS? If your IP is blocked my some website, I guess you have to BEG? - Rizon was blocked, I had to prove the mod that I have come with good intentions.

Back