Need info about lockers in Banks

• Thread starter Thread starter moindear
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 2,657
i suppose they have the rights to open a locker if they are suspicious of anything illegal going on. as for bombs, of course you are scanned for explosives etc at the entry point of the bank. maybe not in all banks. but they should have appropriate measures in place. i might be completely wrong about this but i do not think bank employees are supposed to be present when you are putting stuff in or out of your locker. :| my experience is largely based on movies as i have personally never handled a bank locker :D maybe i am talking about swiss bank lockers :D and indian lockers might have totally different regulations in place! others might have a better idea.

My father is a bank manager....So, what I have seen, there is no scanning at all.....and no strict rule that employees should not be present.....coz most of the lockers are in the cash vault....so a guard is always present....

My father is a bank manager....So, what I have seen, there is no scanning at all.....and no strict rule that employees should not be present.....coz most of the lockers are in the cash vault....so a guard is always present....

:001tt1: Bank Manager. So here moindear have reference ;)

On topic : raman is absolutely correct . My dad have a locker and it operates similar way as illustrated above.

leave the rest......I just love this smiley....ha ha ha....don't know how to insert smileys in my post...(stop laughing at me)....LOL

ha ha ha.....well then anyone can plant even a bomb inside that locker.....they might have some duplicate key....

That is why they give lockers only to customers having a bank account with the same branch. So KYC document check is taken care of.

i might be completely wrong about this but i do not think bank employees are supposed to be present when you are putting stuff in or out of your locker. :|

You are correct. Bank employee is supposed to insert his key in your locker along with your key and then the lock opens. Before opening the door, he is supposed to leave the room. If he/she doesn't then you can ask them to leave or move away and look in other direction.

Now a days only way to get a locker is to approach a private bank branch as soon as it is opened. Old PSU banks sometimes put a "Lockers available" banner outside their branch when they have too many vacant lockers available. That is when one should take the locker even if it is not needed immediately.

Also for those storing currency notes or documents in lockers, please put these things in multiple plastic bags to make them water proof. Lockers that are located in basements are prone to flooding from sewers located near bank building.

Back