Need some review of new BSNL Bharat Fiber FTTH Broadband Plans 777 / 1277

• Thread starter Thread starter N_lover27
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 660
  • Views Views 111,094
My speedtest on 1277 plan - I'm in Pune.

My speedtest on 1277 plan - I'm in Pune.

Hey @vishalrao , i see that you have an ONT with gigabit ports. It's surprising that BSNL has these ONT's since i have only seen them giving ONT's with 100Mbps ports. Can you please tell me the model of your ONT since i am being limited to 95-95Mbps due to my shitty 100Mbps ONT and i am looking to replace it with a gigabit ONT.

@mayank yadav this ONU was provided by the vendor (LCO) themselves and not by BSNL. It is a small device, looks like mini Jio Fiber box white coloured square box. It is a Digisol brand model DG-GR1010 and is a GEPON and not GPON device - so not sure if that will have any compatibility issues depending on LCO implementation of FTTH rollout in area to area.

MRP of the device is Rs. 3k but I saw it on Amazon.in for around 1.6k recently.

@mayank yadav this ONU was provided by the vendor (LCO) themselves and not by BSNL. It is a small device, looks like mini Jio Fiber box white coloured square box. It is a Digisol brand model DG-GR1010 and is a GEPON and not GPON device - so not sure if that will have any compatibility issues depending on LCO implementation of FTTH rollout in area to area.

MRP of the device is Rs. 3k but I saw it on Amazon.in for around 1.6k recently.
i have seen GR1010 specn. it having only one gigabite port (RJ45 Port). how Voip telephone port (RJ11) connected?

Today a guy from BSNL came and he did all the fiber cabling to my home, and he left this ONU device. He said another guy will come for installing and starting the connection probably by monday when the exchange office opens. To my surprise this device has wifi and gigabit port as per the specs. Will use 777 50 mbps plan first and then later switch to 1277 if it works according to my expectations.

Link: Products | Optilink Network

Today a guy from BSNL came and he did all the fiber cabling to my home, and he left this ONU device. He said another guy will come for installing and starting the connection probably by monday when the exchange office opens. To my surprise this device has wifi and gigabit port as per the specs. Will use 777 50 mbps plan first and then later switch to 1277 if it works according to my expectations.

Link: Products | Optilink Network

So finally you got some progress on your installation ;)

Back