Need some review of new BSNL Bharat Fiber FTTH Broadband Plans 777 / 1277

• Thread starter Thread starter N_lover27
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 660
  • Views Views 111,094
@vishalrao LOL yeah, today another guy called in afternoon and said I am coming for installation in 30 mins. I asked him do you guys work on Sunday, he said yes, but never came, I guess his 30 mins are like 30 hrs. Why do these guys commit if they don't wanna visit.

@Tarang Taneja same for me. initial installation (wiring part) was done on a Friday. They said they will complete/activate the connection next day but didn't do anything on that Saturday. On the Sunday they activated the connection and came to my place to set up the ONT account details etc.

I also paid for BSNL FTTH 1277 plan. Earlier BSNL denied to give connection as not feasible in my area. Then 1 franchisee agreed to give connection. I paid him 4700( 1277+ modem) charge. He told he will provide Syrotech company device which will have both voice and data. Waiting for fiber laying.

@nitinmits he took initial 1277 amount from you? i think BSNL will charge 1277+1277 in first bill (extra 1277 amount is security deposit) but who knows what is the arrangement in your area.

hey guys, got my connection 2 days ago, 777 plan. Here are my speed test results. The installation guy told me that I would be getting 50 mbps+ but I never saw above 42-43 in download. Also, I think speed fluctuates alot, sometimes it falls to 22-23 but goes up again to 42 in no time. Also, I am getting high Ping on Fortnite, don't know why, I am on wifi for now as I dont have a long LAN cable currently, but I used to get 70-100 on my old ISP, here it does not even fall below 170-200. The game is unplayable, can you suggest something @vishalrao @mayank yadav ?

Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

^^ I did speed test on general singapore servers and also using CS GO server picker, I am getting 170-200 ping on all of them, I think there is a routing issue because on my other connection was getting 85-100 on singapore servers in fortnite. Do I need to complaint, and how do i do that and what do I tell them. The only reason I got this ISP and still my gaming issues are not resolved :(

Speedtest result on singapore server- Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

guys, I called NIB office today, the guy understood everything I told him and asked me to change DNS to 218.248.114.1 and 218.248.114.129 and since then all my problems solved, ping to singapore is normal mostly between 80-100. However, I have observed occasional spikes, don't know maybe they are as I am on wifi, gonna switch to LAN and check.

@nitinmits for me they took alot of time, 1 month to lay the cable, another 10 days to connected fiber to ONT and another week for them to come home and configure. Now everything is done and they are asking ₹2500 after installation for ONT, I told them you did not mention this before, if they had mentioned I would have asked them to configure it on my old ONU from railwire which is lying around.

-- dead tinypic image removed --
Today my LCO installed his 50mbps connection from his office to my home as i called him to install my 100mbps today but BSNL generated demand note today and it will take around 2 days to activate my connection. I am in electricity board and he is one of my consumer and after creating pressure he laid fiber yesterday and installed his own connection and modem today for 2 days till my connection activates. Also I choose my own number at BSNL exchange before creating demand note

Back