Need some review of new BSNL Bharat Fiber FTTH Broadband Plans 777 / 1277

• Thread starter Thread starter N_lover27
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 660
  • Views Views 111,094
Both options are there for modem - rental or purchase - you can pick in the application form by ticking the right checkbox.

But, lately BSNL are not having their own modem in stock anywhere, so depends on your LCO (vendor) who does the wiring/installation, most probably they will sell you a ONT/ONU fiber modem at one-shot cost.

BSNL office they said without phone connection modem cost around 1500, with telephone line its 2000+, but in BSNL website modem cost is 14K, @vishalrao how much you paid for the modem?

My LCO (vendor) charged me full MRP of the modem, Rs. 3k and no other installation costs. Modem model number is Digisol DG-GR1010 it's a basic device with only single ethernet out port and no wifi/phone or anything else.

I had seen on Amazon.in this model listed for around 1.6k a few weeks ago.

BSNL website is hardly updated fully properly. That 14k price must be from 5-6 years ago!

My LCO (vendor) charged me full MRP of the modem, Rs. 3k and no other installation costs. Modem model number is Digisol DG-GR1010 it's a basic device with only single ethernet out port and no wifi/phone or anything else.

I had seen on Amazon.in this model listed for around 1.6k a few weeks ago.
Thanks for your information bro, wiring is in progress, i don't know who will provide the modem LOC/BSNL, once i got the line, will update the status.

@anandharaja .. I got the 1277 plan.. Wiring was done two weeks prior. They gave me a WiFi modem. Model
GM2104G-W from genew.com

Speed is consistent and is good.
I don't know how much the whole bill would be as I haven't paid money to anyone (for wiring/modem).

The LCO and JTO who came were all friendly and knowledgeable. The JTO issued the modem.

The speed on WiFi is slower as expected. But I have attached the speed received when connected through lan.
-- dead tinypic image removed --

Wow, you guys are getting great speeds on this plan. Meanwhile I could touch 90mbps only once. Most of the times speeds are around 40mbps :(

@madmadhav This is via LAN. And I have a dual band WiFi router so speeds aren't an issue wirelessly. BSNL just can't seem to be able to provide 100 mbps in my area. As it is there are too many FTTH customers here.

Back