Net keeps on disconnecting

deepak_anand

ISP
dataone
I have bsnl home unlimited 750 plan. My problem is that my internet connection keeps on disconnecting atleast 20-30 times a day. Most of the time it give error 678 ( remote computer does not respond ) and takes much time to reconnect. I lodged compliant in bsnl office but they just come and clean the carbon on the joint. The problem still resides.There are no parallel lines connected.My modem model is ZXDSL 831AII.There is also a problem that protocol for PVC 0_35 sometimes changes to pppoe mode automatically ( in which net does not connect ). It connects by changing it to bridging mode.

BSNL has advised "Always On" mode for UT300r2U modems , in their Usage portal.
Scroll message. For testing purpose/s
You can try PPP/PPPoe connection and enter your userID ( without @ bsnl.in ) and password. SAVE REBOOT ( wait for at least two or three minutes). Restart system.
Assuming the connection was OKay earlier.
If you type ZXdsl831AII In SEARCH above,you will find old threads with excellent post/s by @onlytest about this modem/router.
screenshots may/may not be available now.
one thread:https://broadband.forum/bsnl-dataone-broadband/20261-zte-zxdsl-831aii-modem-configration/

Tried to change mode to always on. Net not even get connected, always say remote computer does not respond.Again changed it to bridging mode, net gets connected but the same old problem still resides i.e. keeps on disconnecting.

when you change to ppoe mode then there is no need to dial..you need to enter bsnl username/password in the modem itself..

i've been facing same kind of problem for past few days .. frequent disconnections in net and sometimes in able to access sites fast and sometimes the loading takes forever :wall:

I tried "always on" mode again. when i did settings previously, modem was not rebooting properly, but this time it does and says your modem is ready to connect. then i connected. but again net was not working. on sending ping to the server, it says destination net unreachable.

@deepak_anand
modem: model is ZXDSL 831AII.
Problem: freq disconnections/no connection/settings change to "bridged"
1.Start/RUN type cmd type ipconfig/all give data here.
2. Post SNR/ATTN line speed mod selected , details page.

Similar modem with screenshots.
http://imanishtanwar.blogspot.com/2008/05/configure-connect-bsnl-type-ii-type-2.html

Para two:
Ref:broadbandforum.co/bsnl-dataone-broadband/20261-zte-zxdsl-831aii-modem-configration/

GO TO \"CONFIGURATION\", CLICK ON \"ADSL\" CHECK UPSTREAM, CHECK DOWNSTREAM AND CHECK ENABLE/DISABLE DOWNSTREAM. MAKE SURE ALL ARE TICKED AND THEN APPLY.

ALSO MAKE SURE MODEM DSL'S YELLOW L.E.D. IS CONSTANTLY GLOWING (NO BLINKING/OFF) Last edited by onlytest; March 20th, 2008 at 02:41 PM.

Reference: Bridge mode. by @onlytest
broadbandforum.co/bsnl-broadband/20261-zte-zxdsl-831aii-modem-configration/4/#post141642
POST NO 5. & post No 1.

screenshots deleted in Image Hosting site.

Back