New 4mbps plans, all unlimited plans gone for Pune!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter sandy84
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 13,763
Status
Not open for further replies.
Night u/l is only for time based plans..the u/l time is from 9pm to 9am..torrent speeds are good on private trackers and not public.

I am waiting for BSNL counter attack.:whistle:
only bsnl? i think airtel and bsnl both will react so fast and early days . its really good news for us

Can anyone clarify a few things for me? I visited a Tata Indicom outlet yesterday but the guy there was clueless about prepaid plans1)Suppose you get a 'Quick Power 225' plan and use 100 hours in 3 months, do the remaining hours/balance amount roll over if you renew?2)For users with NU add-on, what speeds do you get from RS/MU or private trackers? Close to 230-240 kB/s, or 450 kB/s for 4Mbps NU? Just want to make sure there is no contention ratio clause or anything like that. The guy I spoke to yesterday told me that on a 256 kbps UL postpaid account, a 1:8 "Copression ratio" :) meant 32 kbps i.e. 4 kBps download speed :wall:.3)Finally, and this is a long shot, I currently have a connection by 7 Star in Lokhandwala. Technically, 7 Star is a part of VSNL, which is a part of Tata. In fact, last year, when I opted for 256 kbps UL prepaid, I selected the plan out of a Tata Indicom brochure and even got a call from Tata with account details and ss.vsnl.net email-id. Strangely, I can't login at Tata anymore, even though my connection is, obviously, still active. What I want to know is do I have to get a new connection or will it work through my current setup (Metro Ethernet i.e. I get a CAT-5 into my flat from the ISP switch located in the building). As usual, the guy at Tata didn't know anything.Thanks a lot for reading through. Appreciate any help. Hopefully this 4 mbps NU add-on + 1800 renewal is the real deal.

Can anyone clarify a few things for me? I visited a Tata Indicom outlet yesterday but the guy there was clueless about prepaid plans

1)Suppose you get a 'Quick Power 225' plan and use 100 hours in 3 months, do the remaining hours/balance amount roll over if you renew?
I don't think they would roll over..hence we need to buy the extra validity package..

2)For users with NU add-on, what speeds do you get from RS/MU or private trackers? Close to 230-240 kB/s, or 450 kB/s for 4Mbps NU? Just want to make sure there is no contention ratio clause or anything like that. The guy I spoke to yesterday told me that on a 256 kbps UL postpaid account, a 1:8 "Copression ratio" :) meant 32 kbps i.e. 4 kBps download speed :wall:.

Speed is good..around 240kBps d/l and 64kBps upload on private trackers..public is bad due to port blocking on Prepaid connections.

3)Finally, and this is a long shot, I currently have a connection by 7 Star in Lokhandwala. Technically, 7 Star is a part of VSNL, which is a part of Tata. In fact, last year, when I opted for 256 kbps UL prepaid, I selected the plan out of a Tata Indicom brochure and even got a call from Tata with account details and ss.vsnl.net email-id. Strangely, I can't login at Tata anymore, even though my connection is, obviously, still active. What I want to know is do I have to get a new connection or will it work through my current setup (Metro Ethernet i.e. I get a CAT-5 into my flat from the ISP switch located in the building). As usual, the guy at Tata didn't know anything.

I think 7-star was bought by TATA so don't think you would need a new install. However, it is best to select a plan from the same router/guy you did earlier.

Thanks a lot for reading through. Appreciate any help. Hopefully this 4 mbps NU add-on + 1800 renewal is the real deal.

I am on 2mbps NU plan now and it is very good and highly reccomend it.

we too like to by this Night UL.I like to know if there a option in the billion modem to only have the connection settings work from 9PM to 9 AM automatically, it can disconnect at other times, i did see a connection option in the Interface page in the modem control panel, but like to know if a option like that exists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back