New 4mbps plans, all unlimited plans gone for Pune!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter sandy84
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 13,763
Status
Not open for further replies.
12 hours per day..9pm-9am

If the plan has hit Pune then i guess next target would be Mumbai. Atleast i hope so.. :whistle:

Airtel has pretty good BB plans. You can check their site for their prices

Airtel has pretty good BB plans. You can check their site for their prices
i think i m talking about 4 mbps plan .. just think what iw nats ..

OK, I had a Tata Comm guy come over to my place to give details and check feasibility. Turns out that my existing connection to 7Star can be used to connect to Tata as well, so no new hardware installation required.

But this guy said a couple of things which makes me unsure. I'm hoping a current user can clarify them.

1)He said the speed would fluctuate from 512kbps min to 4mbps max. But he didn't seem to know how the fluctuation would work or on what basis. He did say that this was not a case of contention ratio(my connection will be Metro-Ethernet, not ADSL). Can some existing 2mbps or 4mbps time-based customers tell me if they experience fluctuations in their line speed?

2)I asked him about renewal options, and he mumbled something about Quick Power 60 and Quick Power 180..etc When I asked him about validity top-up plans, he said something about a Rs. 1000 validity pack for volume based customers. I asked him about validity renewal for time-based plans, and he just said the same is available. Now, the reason I'm uneasy about his reply is that on this Tata page, it says "The renewal plans listed below are currently not available in the market, but have been specifically kept for the convenience of subscribers who are active on these plans – to enable you to move to our new plans smoothly. Our new tariff plans (mentioned in the earlier page) have been designed to enable you to do more on the Internet." Does this mean that there are no renewal plans available for new customers of time-based plans? Without renewal packs, the Tata NU scheme becomes much less economical, and I might just go for MTNL DSL 849 NU. I'm hoping that renewal is available. Can an existing customer, especially of a 4 mbps pack, clarify? Thanks very much.

Update: I got through to Tata CC and spoke with a rep; she checked with her supervisor and confirmed that despite what the Tata tariff page says, new customers can indeed renew using those old renewal plans. I'll leave the Q above as a FYI. Still, if someone with an active 4mbps account can post a screenshot of the renewal options shown in their account, that'd be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back