New BSNL Website , Same old Garbage Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter amar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 5,034
FYI BSNL is the process of launching a new WEBSITE and not new PLANS
Which national ISP provides 512 kbps true unlimited for as low as INR 750/mo ?

Check MTNL, Reliance. If u r in Hyderabad check Beam Fibre.. Rs 600 for 1 mbps UL

Their plans still sucks @ss. I have already finished the 20GB quota by now and there are nearly 2 weeks left. At least they should bring 50+ GB with 4Mbps speed for a few hundred bucks more (less than 2K maybe)

Why would they give a damn about when you finish your quota?It's in your hands, right.

LOL .. 20GB is not a quota for normal internet users for sure .. even in the most miserly months 20GB is finished .. I am a webmaster and need to upload, download etc. through FTP and 20GB does not work .. Anyways I am planning to shift to 1700 plan maybe next month. That provides 40GB but then speed gets decreased to 2Mbps. Cant they bring a decent plan. :excruciating:

Why would they give a damn about when you finish your quota?

It's in your hands, right.

if you look at it through BSNL's point of view, you are not a regular home user. you are using their home connections for commercial purposes. and that sort of negates any counterclaims you make against them.

I am using their home and business plan. 1350 is a home and business plan. I am not saying about very high usage. Every other network has 50GB+ fair usage policy if not unlimited for about that price. It costs around 1500 per month which does not justify only 20GB FUP. Airtel, Reliance, MTNL, Beam and every other ISP has better FUPs. BSNL should instead be leading the way being the main govt. ISP.

BTW I would have started a company several years ago if not for their sh$tty network which goes down every second day. I am in Guwahati after completing education and then working in Delhi for almost a decade and BSNL is the sole wired broadband provider here and it is sh#ty as hell and there is no guarantee when it would work. I would have taken their 5K or 10K bucks high end business plans and started my own company for websites/web design if not for their sh#ty internet. When there is rain then the internet also goes down and dsl restarts and keep on going on and off continuously. Then on most days when internet starts working ok, the bl00dy electricity works crap and goes to low voltage and the router keeps on restarting. I have own inverter UPS for full backup including computer, TV etc. but that also has its limit and goes off after a few hours. There is hardly any evening in recent times when the voltage does not go pathetically low and I have to use the electricity backup/ inverter for the whole evening and then towards dinner the backup gets finished. The crappy situations of the govt. agencies have made me not start the company or I would have started it at least 2-3 years ago. The whole system is fcked up.

if you look at it through BSNL's point of view, you are not a regular home user. you are using their home connections for commercial purposes. and that sort of negates any counterclaims you make against them.

I have now applied to change my existing plan to 1700 one on Saturday. Getting pissed off with the 512 kbps speed for the last week. The 1700 plan would reduce the speed to 2mbps but at least the FUP is 40 GB. Not sure how correct a decision it was but it is just like choosing between crap and another crap. It is Teusday morning now and my plan has not yet changed. Can anybody tell how long it takes for the plan change to take effect. And how do I know that my plan has changed.

Where did you did your plan change ? Means through any portal or manually ? Plan change through Udaan site and portals are faster. If you gave a manual application, it may take up to a week. Otherwise a couple of days. You can check your usage portal (mostly under post paid orders) the current plan or new plan as " provisioned ".

@aman2011

Vide above post
Check this site. No need to log in ( for bsnl staff)
UDAAN PROJECT -- BSNL
Assuming your id is @ bsnl.in and Ip 117.xx.xx.xx

You may be redirected to
Check CRM
You may have to register with OWN ID. PW will be sent by email.
( hopefully !)
Check Effective date of any Plan change.

If tariff is changed usage FUP quota also on pro rata basis.
You cannot change the plan on 27th and expect free 40GB download !!!
Usual rule. All Tarifff plans are effected from 1st of the month.
Give feedback if any progress !

Thanks a lot. I had manually submitted the plan change application and the guy told that it takes place 1-2 days and that is why I posted here. I am in FUP state right now and all my major works are stopped. Hope that they at least change the plan soon. I will need to take out the BSNL userid and password and then check the way you mentioned.I am trying to login with my BSNL email id in Udaan and it is showing wrong username/password. I am using @bsnl.in as well am in the 117 range.I will try to login later on into the dataone portal. I do not have the 14 digit ID now. Thanks for your help and I will update of the progress.

Back