New packages soon!

• Thread starter Thread starter astrix
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 9,705
for people who checks mails twice a day. [/b]

Nah I dont think u can just check ur email 2wice with 1GB.....u can do a lot more with it:)

Hmmm..... so as far as I can see there are no new packages advertised on the net. I did get impatient though, so I called Customer care....

The woman I talked to was dumbfounded about any new packages... she even confirmed with her supervisor that there was nothing new that they knew of..... I tried telling her that if there aren't any new packages, they should take the message off their website, but I don't think she got it.....

Oh interestingly.... I asked the woman to take a look at the site herself, but she said they don't have internet access there!!!! LOL!!!!

They have changed their website and so you have to go to www.airtel-broadband.com

Also I want to know if Airtel broadband allows IP Phone software like Skype?

Hey I called and it seems it's going to take "another week to 10 days." Sad. I don't mind waiting if it's worth it tho :P

Rather retarded........ though I can't say that I am too optimistic about these new packages..... I have a feeling that they will just be ones with just slightly different volume or time caps, rather than a 256 Kbps unlimited plan.Shankar, I don't know what you are talking about.... I don't see anything new on their site.

Hmm. The 500MB limit has been increased to 1.25GB for Freedom Combo, and speed to 256kbps from 128kbps.And a Speed 500 (256kbps, 1GB limit) package introduced to compete with BSNL (hah - no freedom combo or speed 500 in Delhi - no surprises as to why)Sushubh's right. Nothing exciting.I never understood this 1:2, 1:4 thing. Someone explain. The Speed 500 package says 1:4. Does it mean that speeds could get as low as 32kbps if it's being shared among 4 people?

yup technically it does. however unlike sify it does not have much effect here.

This s*cks....... their product development team should be fired.... all of them...The 1:2 ratio (aka the contention ratio) as far as I can figure out means exactly that one line can be/is shared between 2 connections.... which to the end user is basically the same as cable.... and really just like cable, if it ends up affecting you or not is a matter of luck (i.e. the people living in your locality).... the only satisfaction you have is knowing that not more than 2 people will end up sharing the connection....I am beginning to wonder if I should have just gone Hathway... especially since I had to get an airtel landline to get Home 128.... it would have been cheaper... if only I knew that "DSL is not shared like Cable" is a load of crock...I'm very pissed off...........

Back