New scam using payment gateways in India

ISP
BSNL
Been receiving random invoices for payment from payu since 2-3 weeks.
Here's how it's working
1. You receive a genuine email from Payu, no phishing or scam email sender here

W7zIk5Q.webp

2. The email lists a random service for which you have a pending invoice of about 500-600 Rs
3. As the email is coming from payu itself the emails are delivered to Inbox by Google

ZMgdvaw.webp

4. If you check the contents it only lists a domain which does not show any website
5. Clicking on payment link goes to actual Payu page for payment

The domain mentioned in email in July Whois dunsnumber.co.in on name of Sugarcane Internet Nigeria Limited

It seems the payment gateways are having no checks and just onboarding random business to let them scam people.

Last edited by a moderator:
The verification of payment gateway depends on just if the bank account details are accurate and if the payment gateway account creator is a real person.

Payu audits the website if it’s e-commerce. Terms, privacy policy, pricing etc. a report should be enough to get this gateway suspended.

Found another email from 2nd Sep originated from Payu with a different merchant name and no website listed for merchant.
It doesn't even tell merchant's address, contact details etc
GAdTgQl.jpg

Same thing happened to me, In my case it is Razorpay send by Bajaj Finance. I have no relation with them they sent razorpay payment link via sms for card protection plan. In addition to that everyday these motherf**kers send spam and call me already blocked about 45 numbers from Bajaj alone

Back