RuPay: India's own Payment Gateway Launched

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 3,871
Not unless Google adopts it :

My Syndicate Bank Debit card expires this month. I am supposed to visit the branch next month for an instant(without name on it) Debit card.
On Saturday i saw a bank staff issuing Debit card to a customer with RuPay icon. RuPay is found on all the bunch of Debit cards he was holding.
I see less RuPay option(icon) on online transactions.

Should i be worried?:(

RuPay is by Government

I think soon Government will make it compulsory* for online transaction.

* i.e compulsory to give RuPay as a payment option

i would check with call center to see if one can still apply for visa/mastercard debit card. even if rupay is supported by all online stores, i do not see any good reason to pick it over visa or mastercard.

My Syndicate Bank Debit card expires this month. I am supposed to visit the branch next month for an instant(without name on it) Debit card.
On Saturday i saw a bank staff issuing Debit card to a customer with RuPay icon. RuPay is found on all the bunch of Debit cards he was holding.
I see less RuPay option(icon) on online transactions.

Should i be worried?:(
You can go to the bank and apply for a Visa card also:
Syndicate Bank- syndicateglobaldebitcard

Most PSU banks are giving away Rupay cards now. Maybe as default, unless someone asks otherwise. In some cases its other way round too.

I purposefully got a Rupay card on a rarely used PSU bank account which my dad got me to open when I joined college. I use it exclusively to target any Rupay specific offers.

If your Bank is giving Rupay card and you dont want it just tell them. They will provide you with Visa. I did this with Union Bank of India

Back