New to BSNL 3G plzz help out!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter rinki
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 4,443

rinki

ISP
airtel
hie members this is Rinki from western UP...ive been using Airtel Mobile office for sometime now and really frustrated with the damm speed..please help me out with BSNL 3G and aswer my queries if possible1-I have Nokia 5800 with me...will 3G work fine with this? or do i need to buy a Modem? if yes wats the cost of this Modem?2-I have heared that you can use the 3G service with a 2G sim with nominal GPRS packs and save hell lot of money..since 3G being expensive?please do help out!! wud appreciate the effort

Hey rinki,no problem being new to forum.as u have posted your using Nokia 5800 and confused about 3g service so here's the answer....browsing internet is really expensive as of today becoz bsnl tariffs for 3g sim and data are too high.instead u can use normal 2g sim and recharge with rs.274 unlimited gprs for 30 days.but if u have 3g data card [ micromax or teracom ] i guess u can get more speed...Let me know ur experience bcoz i m planning to buy a 3g data card...Bye

Hey rinki,

no problem being new to forum.as u have posted your using Nokia 5800 and confused about 3g service so here's the answer....browsing internet is really expensive as of today becoz bsnl tariffs for 3g sim and data are too high.instead u can use normal 2g sim and recharge with rs.274 unlimited gprs for 30 days.but if u have 3g data card [ micromax or teracom ] i guess u can get more speed...

Let me know ur experience bcoz i m planning to buy a 3g data card...

Bye

thnxx for replying.....is the trick really working with the 2G sim? how much speed wud i be getting with tht? wat is the cost of the data card...i wont mind buying it if its economical

Hey Rinki,
I have not much idea about 3g usb modem.I m also planning to buy.I depends which one is available in UP, I mean which company?I m sure u won't get less than Rs.2500.No idea about the speed...
Let me know...
Bye

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

hey if ur online...v can chat...
Bye

HiiAnyone knows what is the diff b/w EVDO data card and 3G data card?How many companies sell USB modem [BSNL ]?Anybody post some details...Thanks in advance...

hie members this is Rinki from western UP...ive been using Airtel Mobile office for sometime now and really frustrated with the damm speed..please help me out with BSNL 3G and aswer my queries if possible
1-I have Nokia 5800 with me...will 3G work fine with this? or do i need to buy a Modem? if yes wats the cost of this Modem?
2-I have heared that you can use the 3G service with a 2G sim with nominal GPRS packs and save hell lot of money..since 3G being expensive?

please do help out!! wud appreciate the effort

for
1. yes you can use nokia 5800 with 3g sim to get 3g data transfer speed in practical aroung 1mbps,
you dont have to buy any modem
2.yes yoy can get bsnl 2.75 G sim and register for unlimited gprs for 275rspm and in network seletion select umts and now u can get 3g speed but it ll disconnect often

hie thnxx for the replies....few queries againwat is the difference between an EVDO card and Huawei BSNL 3G usb modem?wat is the cost of Huawei BSNL 3G usb modem? EVDO still not available at my place therefore have to live with 3G

The 5800 can be used as 3G Modem with a USB cable or Bluetooth to avail 3G speeds (1-2.7mpbs depending on your area). The standard rate is 1ps/10Kb across India and there are separate data plans as well. The difference between EVDO and BSNL 3G is that they both are different implementation of whats popularly known as 3G. EVDO is the technology path from CDMA and BSNL3G(wCDMA) is the path from GSM. So basically they both provide broadband speeds via cellular radio. Currently With EVDO you got some choice since private telco's(Reliance NetConnect/Tata Photon) are offering services along with BSNL while with 3G only BSNL is offering services until later this year when the private carriers start their services.If you're going to be heavy data user I'd recommend getting a dedicated data card solution with either the EVDO carriers or BSNL3G depending on the service in your area. If not then just migrate your BSNL number to 3G and use your 5800 as a data modem.

Back