New updated ACT Fibernet Broadband Plans? (September 2020)

• Thread starter Thread starter thecooldean
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 206
  • Views Views 38,764
Just spoke to ACT Hyd Cust care and they just say Bangalore plans are upgraded and Hyd plans upgrade is in pipeline but cannot comment a date ! Can't trust them though, i think need to wait till end of this month.

They will upgrade like bangalore only in some cities where they are dominant players and their charges are very high but will not compete with jio or airtel on prices and charge premium for sustainability.

ACT: ₹710 - 250GB@40Mbps
Jio: ₹699 - 3300GB@100Mbps

ACT will not survive in areas where airtel or Jio operate. But I think they know it, and rely on big apartment buildings where residents don't have a choice and whole society is served by single ISP.

rely on big apartment buildings where residents don't have a choice and whole society is served by single ISP.

But for how long..JIO and Airtel will be making their foray into those damn junky cable pipes of apartments to penetrate the purses..

ACT is just struggling or grappling with financials in my opinion

I've been using ACT for a few years now. Agreed they charge more than their competition. But their services are incredible. I can count the number of downtimes I've had all these years in my fingertips. This is more important now since I've been working from home ever since the pandemic started. With ACT's reliability, there has been no need to look for a back up connection even. By the way my plan offers 500 GB and we dont even touch 350 GB most of the time. So all this unlimited internet means nothing to us. Point is some of us are willing to pay for good service and FUP isn't a deal breaker.

@Realme they are already penetrating in non organised areas like mine. Airtel has already laid fiber in my area, junction box also installed and i guess jio will follow as they are also few kms away. This is the first time in 20yrs some big company has laid fiber in my area although it hangs on electric poles but it is of pretty good quality and can't be broken easily.

I've been using ACT for a few years now. Agreed they charge more than their competition. But their services are incredible. I can count the number of downtimes I've had all these years in my fingertips. This is more important now since I've been working from home ever since the pandemic started. With ACT's reliability, there has been no need to look for a back up connection even. By the way my plan offers 500 GB and we dont even touch 350 GB most of the time. So all this unlimited internet means nothing to us. Point is some of us are willing to pay for good service and FUP isn't a deal breaker.
Big ISPs are all reliable. Jio, Airtel don't have any downtimes either.

ACT basically doesn't have a good service (atleast not in comparison to what they are charging) and they need a lot of improvement. Make a call to their customer care executive and you have to wait for minimum 30 minutes. On twitter, they don't resolve the query directly. Even on app they only show the ticket registration. There is no option to downgrade and unsubscribe to services from app. There is no chat support. Their app is useful only in raising basic service request. And most ISP's provide reliable services and promised speeds, there is nothing unique in that.
Now, regarding FUP...as their CEO says that most people don't need much data, then what's the problem in announcing the better revised plans. Many people watch 4K content and play games on Xbox, PS...watch LiveTV...so the argument that people don't need much data is wrong.

Back