New updated ACT Fibernet Broadband Plans? (September 2020)

• Thread starter Thread starter thecooldean
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 206
  • Views Views 38,764
ACT premium customer service is a biggest joke.
They don't even respond to normal emails.
Most ISP like Tata Sky BSNL even local isp changed or planning to update their plans according to jio and airtel plans But I don't know act is seeing it in which world and not updating according to the competition. They had grabbed the market share previously with aggressive plans and good service compared to the competition. They will seed their market share to other isp with this attitude and eventually out of market because services offered by othe isp are equally good and also providing OTTs in which Act is lagging behind and only giving discount in netflix subscription and charging exobirant prices for pure vanilla internet.

Just waiting for my 6 months subscription to end. Guess I will have to ditch them as well if this attitude of them doesn't change till then. Why should I pay more for 150 Mbps when Airtel is already giving 200 Mbps with almost 3 TB data. If they still follow this city wise approach they will be out of the market slowly. When even BSNL can change, they should think twice.

ACT will need to revamp their plans if they want people to retain their services. With all other iSPs offering a host of OTT services bundled with their plans, the ACT plans don't make sense anymore.

Few Days Back ACT conducted this survey. Does it have anything to do with new expected plans ?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-26 075201.webp
    Screenshot 2020-09-26 075201.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 242
This survey is conducted when they offered free 300mbps unlimited fup WFH plan to ensure everyone is getting higher speeds on both wired and wireless.. Are you sure they conducted this survey again recently ?

I noticed something on speedtest.net
I am getting close to 100 Mbps download speed on 50Mbps plan but when I download any thing it downloading as per my plan speed

offer.php

fast.com speedtest apps showing correct speed

Last edited by a moderator:
Screenshot (37).webp

Same thing here.. I Have 50 Mbps plans. But the results change when I select different server.
(This image is real..moderators please calm down)

Last edited:
I applied for a disconnection .. Now I'm confused . Which is the best broadband among these . Jiofiber , Airtel , BSNL.. These three isp's are available in my area.. so which isp is best for gaming, less ping and can watch twitch all day ?

Back