New updated ACT Fibernet Broadband Plans? (September 2020)

• Thread starter Thread starter thecooldean
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 206
  • Views Views 38,765
For past few years Airtel is only reacting to Jio's actions. Jio monopoly is about to start in broadband.

What threshold works as "confirmed" for you personally? The fact is that they are blocking Twitch video streams around certain timings. The blocks line up with IPL timings but no one can be 100% till they come out and say it. Filing a case isn't going to do anything, hitting them in the wallet might. I've complained but haven't received a response as of yet.

@Gaurav15 any specific reason for ditching Jio ? (Just asking, as I have jio fiber and act right now and both plans end this month and I dont see act changing plans here in hyd so I'm yet to decide betweek Jio or Act)
I'm angry with Jio for blocking Twitch without govt orders. What they're doing is illegal and against net neutrality. CGNAT is an issue too, I'll get PS5 when it comes out and FIFA is the only game I play and it doesn't work with CGNAT. Right now I'm not playing FIFA so NAT didn't bother me.

Appears to be a net neutrality issue. This is why monopoly is not good for customers in long run. It is good that Airtel is trying to match them in competition. I hope ACT Fibernet also launch their plans on the same line. One thing I don't understand about ACT Fibernet is that all these years they were upgrading plans according to the market condition, they even gave 300 Mbps during lockdown period for 2 months. So, they definitely have the capability to handle such plans. What is taking so long for them to implement it ? Is it a technical issue or investors not investing enough ?

It is like in mobile space there are 7-8 operators are working in 2016 before jio. After Jio Only 3 operators left and VI and BSNL is on verge of collapsing and then only two will be left. I am seeing the same will be repeated in broadband space too in next 4 to 5 years.

Back