NextDNS

i'm using this with a whole lot of privacy lists. but looks like i'll go over the limit. what are u guys doing? paying or shuffling accounts? 159 for this seems bit high for me.
i'm using it on my router thought along with no-IP dynamic dns. that requires me to re-confirm my ddns every month sine its free and to avoid wastage of their ddns adresses. wondering if its worth the hassle

Use two accounts. You just need to change id.

after switching accounts what do i have to change? the linked ips? the dns ip stays the same i guess

I just shuffle between the NextDNS Id that links to config. Rest should be same. I also dumped nextdns on router. Directly configuring in browser now. So basically I can use multiple accounts at the same time. So not hitting the limits. This works for me because I don't use apps that has ads. Browser is enough for me. Of course you can do it at system level on phones. God knows when windows would get internal support for private DNS.

also i'm using quite a lot of blocking lists. is there any issue with redundancy or using too many lists?

WJH2kUA.png

if the primary purpose is blocking ads, isn't it a good idea to use adguard? i don't know if the service is paid though.

Last edited:
that should not happen. keep an eye on it, maybe it would switch to a closer server after a few hours?

Back