No Dish TV Since Last 8 Days

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramesh P
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 4,358

Ramesh P

ISP
airtel
Dear All: Do not give away your Dish TV set top box for their technician to repair. You may have to miss watching Dish TV for the next two weeks for sure. This is what happened to me. I was watching World Cup normally on Dish TV, but was not getting some channels like MTV etc. We lodged complaint on Customer Care on March 12 Saturday and got a comp no n55603378. On March 14 Monday their technician one Rahul Singh in South delhi came (phone no 9582905104) and after 2 hours checking took away the STB and my VC card ( 01504188889) saying realignment will have to be done. When he didn't revert back, we contact Dish TV customer care on march 16 and got fresh no 55796496. We waited and waited. On Monday, that is today, March 21, we rang CC again, they said things are delayed because of Holi and gave the third comp no 5605303. So today is the eighth day with our TV set silent because of the irresponsible behaviour of Dish TV people.

Is it necessary for the technician to take the STB & Smart card along with him, to rectify an error??

Taking STB and VC card is not the solution for Re-alignment.Alignment has to be done from Antenna Itself and has nothing to do with the STB and VC.The technician seems to be mis-leading and might be enjoying the dish TV at his residence during holi holidays.

well dish tv now operates on 2 satellites as such but i highly doubt whether a realignment is needed as all sats are in the same orbital slots and available through out India.The problem was with ur VC, he should have given an alternate VC.It might be a remote guess but u might have had a plan change in the last few days and ur STB might have been switched off during the recommended time in which ur STB must remain on so that the VC can update itself. May be that is the reason u are not getting a particular channel.

I thought so.....there shudnt be any need to take away the STB under normal circumstances.....what ghpk has mentioned might be true!!

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

U must ask some senior level people in Dish TV, whether such thing is needed?

approx one yr before i took my stb to service station, they started upgrading software, but failed. Pointed out the power supply is currupted. They guided to buy new stb instead to repair so called power supply. I requested and they gave me their master stb. One day i saw on while surfing, just to replace the two capaster and my old stb start working. Today i felt how these craped so called engr reparing stb to hell. Now I hv two stb, both working, but i can use only one due to the mistake of the service centre engr...............

1 thing i can tell u confirmed is that for Software upgrade, u dont have any option except for OTA......it happens centrally only. U cant take it to their service centre. D2h Engineer told me this. Yeah, the other thing may be right, that if Software upgrade was urgent & u missed it, u can have it replaced temporarily.

The Header Should now read: No Dish TV Since Last 10 Days. And the senior people at Dish TV Customer Care are snoring, despite my calls every day to their CC and that morbid technician named Rahul Singh. The latter says the logo on my VC card is torn, so I need to have a new STB, wheres the STB that he took from our home on March 14 was in good condition, meaning that we were viewing all except some few channels. So my advice again to all India Broadband Forum viewers: Kick Out Dish TV at the earliest. I think other DTH service providers are also like birds of the same feather. What a Shining India that we have.

you can carry the STB to the nearest repair center and need not have to hand it over to someone. Also it could have been a LnB issue.

Back