• Thread starter Thread starter uchitshah
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1,950

uchitshah

Regular
ISP
MTNL 849NU
Hello,I am getting very less speed while surfing when I am uploading (seeding) the torrents using utorrent.I neverly have to wait 5-10 sec for every page to get load.upload speed @ that time is around 25-30 kbps.I am using D-Link GLB-502T Router.Even one more thing ..... is my upload (seeding) via. utorrent is counted and do I need to pay for it.Kindly help me out.Thanks and Regards,Uchit

Uploading is not counted but it will affect ur speed as it is part of your bandwidth which is being used!Try and limit upload to 20kbps and see if it makes a diffAlso check your line speed in ur router page as mtnl seems to be changing this at random

Uploading is not counted but it will affect ur speed as it is part of your bandwidth which is being used!
Try and limit upload to 20kbps and see if it makes a diff
Also check your line speed in ur router page as mtnl seems to be changing this at random

Thanks for ur reply.

Can u plz help with me with how to check line speed using router.

You are not charged for your uploads. However, while uploading, some downloads take place arbitrarily and these are counted, but are very small (like a few kilobytes).As for slow surfing, I'm guessing that you set your upload speeds to unlimited while seeding. This makes your download speeds very low, and hence the slow surfing. Try limiting your upload speed. I set mine to 25kB/s while browsing and get decent load times.

me 2 experiencing same from yesterday ........ its going down down & down .....

You are not charged for your uploads. However, while uploading, some downloads take place arbitrarily and these are counted, but are very small (like a few kilobytes).
As for slow surfing, I'm guessing that you set your upload speeds to unlimited while seeding. This makes your download speeds very low, and hence the slow surfing. Try limiting your upload speed. I set mine to 25kB/s while browsing and get decent load times.

Thanks,
I will start limiting my upload speed from now on.
and I will let you know more about upload counted thing later on.
which torrent software are u using by the way.

I have still now started uploading in the day time.
I only upload @ night.
I download for 1 day (night time basically) and then seed for 2-3 nights to maintain ratio.:(
I am still afraid to start seeding activity in day time with fear of it might get counted.
I still doubt that it might get counted.
I have lots and lots of file seed (more then 50 GB).
But I only seed in night times only with a fear of it getting counted.

can u suggest me of any test I can conduct to see it my upload is counted or not.

Thanks,
Uchit

Back