Nokia 5800 & BSNL GPRS Configuration.

• Thread starter Thread starter deba007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 32,729

deba007

ISP
Reliance Broadband - Thunder 4 Mbps Plan.
Dear All,Kindly let me know or provide a URL showing the detail step by step configuration of Nokia 5800 for BSNL GPRS. I stay in Central Calcutta (Pin Code: 700 012) Is my GPRS network EDGE Enabled ?Thanks.

Any Nokia 5800 User ????..........:D

First you have to call to the Customer Care(Toll Free from your mobile) and activate your GPRS facility(if Prepaid).They will send the settings through sms.You need to save all the settings.Alternatively you can download the settings from Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited :thumb:

I'm using Nokia 5800 and using BSNL's GPRS and most of the areas are now EDGE enabled(it will display as 'E" while connected.:)

Enjoy!!!!:thumbsup:

i am from west bengal circle , bsnl prepaid user. my pin code is 743245. my Nokia 3600 slide shows "G" when i put BSNL SIM card. nd for Airtel,Aircel, Smart is shows "E". is bsnl provides edge in our locality. How can I know it ??:pleasehelp::pleasehelp::pleasehelp::pleasehelp:

If u see G there is GPRS, if u see E there is EDGE GPRS. You can browse internet by both G or E. BSNL will provide EDGE GPRS every where as soon so dont worry. BSNL WB circle has Rs.152/- Unlimited GPRS for 30 days. Recharge with easyrecharge only. This is for prepaid user only. Kindly contact CC 9400024365.

thnx sumitbaran,
There is a change in GPRS charge,from last 2 month BSNL increases their GPRS charge its now Rs.75/week nd 125/15days.. Is there any website from where i can get d latest bsnl related news.:urock::urock::urock:

Just so that i could have an idea, This is to both the 5800 owners above (or any other who may be reading this).., there are webpages reportedly having complaints on this model having bad display problems where the screen goes blank with random flickering lines appearing on the screen.. have you experienced this problem?

Just so that i could have an idea, This is to both the 5800 owners above (or any other who may be reading this).., there are webpages reportedly having complaints on this model having bad display problems where the screen goes blank with random flickering lines appearing on the screen.. have you experienced this problem?

Running a Nokia Software update would solve this if this is a known Bug.
you should always backup your phone memory before trying anything like this.

But check the nokia site for handset update firmware, if newer version is available you might be able to solve many known/unknown problems.

Back